Author Topic: APR Update - 2015  (Read 14900 times)

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: APR Update - 2015
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2015, 12:09:09 AM »
Most people who run their own businesses usually don't see the work they are doing as "work" but more like paid enjoyment and therefore can usually work 12 hr days 6 days a week and collect plenty of money along the way.
I say make hey whilst the sun is shining and go hard but make every minute with your wife and kids extra special.

Get some extra staff Nino on a contractor style basis.
Pay them per job , not per hour and keep quality high etc etc.
You have done this with Tim etc obviously but why not find a few pinheads who live in your part of the world who you can employ to cut thru the work and make more income and therefore profit.
Stripping playfields etc and taking photos and with your supervision, this could be a walk in the park with a few good guys.
A pinball restoration business did this up here for 20 plus years very successfully. Food for thought.

All good points  ^^^

My background is IT. Network Operating Systems and integration. I worked in very close teams for 10 years of my 24 year career. Constant communication with peers and a highly stressful job. Part of that responsibility was being the central point in Server Infrastructure serving over 20,000 people in 5 states. I loved it. But I grew tired of the "hustle and bustle", and I now need to work completely on my own. I'm used to micro managing - and now I'm doing that with this "job". I HAVE to have a TV or Radio on all the time - The culture shock from people constantly in my space to nothing is a real shock to the system.

Hire someone ? Not yet. I've had plenty of offers, and even people offering their services for free. I would NEVER do that - I would pay someone what they deserve.

I'm enjoying the workload - and I've had plenty of really great feedback from friends and customers. I NEED to STOP setting dates, and talking too much on the phone !!
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia