Author Topic: There's an elephant in the pinball room  (Read 1472 times)

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
Re: There's an elephant in the pinball room
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2013, 10:23:58 AM »
thanks for the support and opinions guys, but I just wanted some truth out and not be viewed as the problem, nor AP to be viewed as the problem but I think some people want to call it their event and have all the glory instead of just playing pins.

I live 10 km from the event and I most probably won't be going and thats probbably what they want but there the stupid ones for going to these lenghts to out a few people to get the 100% praise.

Sorry everyone especially those that were considering going, it was not my intention to spoil it for you and hope that many of you can still go and enjoy it. And to the AA guys that read this, there is no hard feelings to you guys as I met quite a few on the night of the last ebent and they couldn't give a shit and really nice guys as in the end we all just want to play and talk pinball, but the egos and / or chips get the better of some that just can't move on or want the focus.

Kind Regards

Jady
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 10:26:00 AM by swinks »
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline dendoc

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2013, 10:34:51 AM »
Whoopsy, didn't realise there was such a huge battle going on behind the scenes!

I know pinball is like a religion to some of us, but taking to the shiite vs sunni type level is a bit sad.

What can one do? I'll try and never speak their initials again.... ^&^

Offline Cow Corner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2013, 10:39:20 AM »
It's a bad as a bunch of gossipy old ducks in a sewing circle!
 *%*
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2013, 11:00:08 AM »
thanks for the support and opinions guys, but I just wanted some truth out and not be viewed as the problem, nor AP to be viewed as the problem but I think some people want to call it their event and have all the glory instead of just playing pins.

I live 10 km from the event and I most probably won't be going and thats probbably what they want but there the stupid ones for going to these lenghts to out a few people to get the 100% praise.

Sorry everyone especially those that were considering going, it was not my intention to spoil it for you and hope that many of you can still go and enjoy it. And to the AA guys that read this, there is no hard feelings to you guys as I met quite a few on the night of the last ebent and they couldn't give a shit and really nice guys as in the end we all just want to play and talk pinball, but the egos and / or chips get the better of some that just can't move on or want the focus.

Kind Regards

Jady

Well said Jady, and not your problem mate.
 Others  need to re-evaluate  there approach if they don't want to continue alienating large sections of pinball community. Possibly they just don't care though.

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2013, 12:43:33 PM »

This forum will move on, and the people behind this concerted effort to keep members of this forum out of the event can enjoy their perceived success.

Most here have lives that don't revolve around having to live off internet triumphs....

As Swinks said, it's supposed to be about enjoying pinball and the event. Seems most here appreciate that, and I suppose members had a chuckle at the hypocrisy demonstrated on the other thread - 

I am highly disappointed that this thread was announced in such a manner, and because of such, it has been tainted on AP for a second year.....
.....For the commmon good of pinball pls gentlemen!.....

As Nino said - what a joke!

I am wondering if the people who run the other forum appreciate this behavior? I am thinking they are probably a little embarrassed now.

“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2013, 02:56:20 PM »
Whoopsy, didn't realise there was such a huge battle going on behind the scenes!

I know pinball is like a religion to some of us, but taking to the shiite vs sunni type level is a bit sad.

From a general member's point of view, there are no issues caused or promoted by members. No "war" so to speak. Every hobby has some bad eggs in them, and thankfully they are not our this site. From my perspective, I think it is good for members to have a choice on which forums they frequent. Members should enjoy the hobby without walking over egg shells. Life is too short.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline dendoc

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2013, 03:00:46 PM »

From a general member's point of view, there are no issues caused or promoted by members. No "war" so to speak. Every hobby has some bad eggs in them, and thankfully they are not our this site. From my perspective, I think it is good for members to have a choice on which forums they frequent. Members should enjoy the hobby without walking over egg shells. Life is too short.

+1

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2013, 03:39:53 PM »
The way this matter has been handled is rediculous, why shoot someone down who is posting freely available unbiased pinball information?
Don't stress Jady I appreciate you posting news and things from other places, as I don't often have the time to sort through posts and articles on other sites or forums  ^^^

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2013, 05:38:54 PM »
As many people from Aussie Pinball should go to the show, its a public event, everyone in Australia should be welcome >>>

>> I say turn up to it, just so you can wear a big T-Shirt with AUSSIE PINBALL - BEST PINBALL FORUM IN AUSTRALIA written all over it. Nice n cheap to get done via any local print shop.

If AP not going is some peoples deliberate aim, repay the kindness by turning up in numbers with the appropriate shirt on.

Dont allow some dribbler to scare you off.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2013, 05:39:28 PM »
The closed minded cliques and pecking order mentality ensures that pinball will never become anything more than a fringe group hobby, regardless of how many "public" events are held to try to bring pinball to the masses.

pinsanity
VC, KCMG, CBE, TNT OI OI OI.

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2013, 06:19:16 PM »
Ian (howzat) and myself are still going, we have a motel booked already  *%*

Just not sure if we will be taking a couple of games like we wanted to  !@# i still want to if its possible
either way we will be there  *%*

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2013, 07:44:17 PM »

I am wondering if the people who run the other forum appreciate this behavior? I am thinking they are probably a little embarrassed now.

well it apparent that people like EB likes to dish but not take and he is the solo force behind forum verse forum. in all this I have not posted anything bad about AA nor anything on AA for a while, but you got idiots like destroying the hobby

« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 07:46:37 PM by swinks »
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline RottyGuy

• Forum Posts:
  • QLD
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2013, 08:11:23 PM »

I don't believe there is a huge battle between forums. Plenty of people including myself use both forums daily. I don't understand why some feel the need to choose a forum.

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2013, 08:16:07 PM »

I don't believe there is a huge battle between forums. Plenty of people including myself use both forums daily. I don't understand why some feel the need to choose a forum.

You are right, there is no battle, at least not from this side of the fence. As you say, plenty of cross-over membership. It just seems some people have an agenda separate to the preservation, restoration and promotion of pinball.

“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Steevsee

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2013, 08:20:12 PM »
I thought the 'elephant' referred to the JUMBO DMDs,(that we all seem to having trouble with atm),in our Segas. #(& %.%
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 08:23:05 PM by Steevsee »