Author Topic: registering a domain name - IT help please  (Read 838 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: registering a domain name - IT help please
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2014, 12:05:26 AM »
I don't think there are many nutters in the pinball industry/pinny hobbyists, but there certainly are a few nasty people.

All types of people spend $$, so don't judge people espesc in business, just take their enquiry n their money if u can supply the product n service they are looking for.
Let everyone in the world see your website etc, more traffic, usually means more enquiries/$$ coming in. That's my 20 yrs experience, and even when the net wasn't around, it was adverts in papers, which is now, prehistoric ofcourse. I don't like pay per click hostings, they are a rip off. Cleverly placed names n words within your business name/spiel gets better results in my opinion. Unless the host company can supply you with the click user list of the supposed click they are charging you for, I say stay away. Been there, done that years ago, didn't like it. They say u had 300 clicks in a week, for 4 weeks, but not one phone call, so a lot of that service/hosts/traffic directors are full of shit.

You will get more $ from sites like facebook n twitter n all these new ones popping up. free to join and traffic/enquiry is free.

I say Keep it simple.

In my businesses I run .com sites n even some @hotmail email addresses for businesses because Hotmail has been around for a long time, n some people who are old school see u have been around perhaps for many years. Some will, some wont. But my .com and @hotmail gets me high traffic.

As for search engines, they USED to be geared to business names/searches and enquiries, but if u go to any I.T expert today about the net, the search engines are geared for community sites first when ranking names in the search order.try it n see.. facebook, twitter etc usually comes up first, when u type in the search word, not a pty ltd or direct business listing. search engine companies believe more traffic goes thru these community sites, n hence is where they get their advertising money from. hence they list them or the catch phrases/business/product name from them first. IMO.

Take ya time with it Jady, don't put all ya eggs in one basket, sometimes a few different approaches will bring in the enquiry. stay away from any name with a - in it. just my opinion. hope it helps. there is no right or wrong way to do it, so no one gets their nose out of joint, just different methods n personal preferences. some things work for one person/business, but not perhaps not for another.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 12:06:59 AM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Marty Machine

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2014, 12:36:26 AM »
....the word we're all looking for is "and"......not "n ".....   :lol :lol :lol

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2014, 12:46:44 AM »
English gentlemen pronounce the word AND correctly, us aussie slang artists just say N in the middle of a sentence n listen to ya average mate talk.lol and you will hear what I mean.lol
However, I do pronounce the word AND correctly only if a hot girl is talking to me.lol    %.%

Back on topic. Go Jady(Swinksy) with your new business ideas. Hope it goes well.
I am going to bed. Past my bedtime. I am too old to stay up these days. Have a nice night guys.lol
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 12:48:25 AM by Caveoftreasures »

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Marty Machine

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2014, 01:23:16 AM »
Yes, they SAY 'n', they don't TYPE it though, ya nutter! <--- see? there's one already.

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2014, 01:28:09 AM »
F**k me sideways.. if I were to type ow I talk then you lot wouldn't av a hope in ell.. bein a cockney an all that.. its all a bit gawd blimey guvnor and ows yer father innit.. no wot im sayin?

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2014, 10:23:36 AM »
F**k me sideways.. if I were to type ow I talk then you lot wouldn't av a hope in ell.. bein a cockney an all that.. its all a bit gawd blimey guvnor and ows yer father innit.. no wot im sayin?

Aye.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2014, 05:51:13 PM »
well said guys.

yes, u have to admit to being a nutter with pinball. imagine being labelled normal. that would be a real insult.
normal people don't buy wooden boxes full of wires n pretty pictures n pay 7 grand. only nutters do that. so glad the pinball industry has lost that "geek" tag it had for sooo long. Now, its cool n up to date/modern to own a pinball. then they ask you how much you paid for it, u tell them, they smile politely, n they say quietly to themselves, what a nutter n a geek, only a geek nutter would pay that much for a pinball machine.

then they ask, how many u got, then they really want to get to the front door.lol or play one to make u feel normal.

Jady, hope the .com or the internet stuff goes well for you.