Author Topic: Near Crapped myself tonight  (Read 581 times)

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
Near Crapped myself tonight
« on: June 27, 2012, 09:26:32 PM »
Well I have to vent as I am so jittery - got trigger flipper fingers happening.

Earlier tonight my dog was going off bolting around the yard - something wasn't right, being a jack russell I thought must a possum or something as she was going crazy. So just incase I thought I would head out the front door chuck some rubbish in the bin but when I was heading down the steps I saw a police van driving slowly and stopping out the front, thought shit better get inside just incase, but stupid me goes to the bin at the side of the house when I heard and looked up the side of the house and a guy was at the side gate. I then bolted but headed towards the road to the police van - I thought that would be the safest spot to go, half way there and hear STOP, POLICE, STOP, HOLD IT. In a panic I stopped but couldn't get the words out fast enough  -   I I I am the owner.......

A moment later the guy up the side fence was a cop and police dog and on the road raced a van and a cop car, guns out, spot lights - near crapped myself - thought gonna get shot or tazered. Finally got the words out that I was the owner then they said they wanted to search the yard with the police dog - said sure and went towards the cop with the dog and he said BACK, BACK - she will bite. What a night. They searched the yard and then took off for a while then came back and said the scent was strong in the back yard. He noticed that the laundry at the back of the house was open and had a ladder going into the ceiling - reno's. Next minute cop and dog are in my ceiling clashing about - no bad guy, which is good but tried to have a game to calm down and just too flipper trigger happy.

Now just gotta have a good night sleep and hope no guy drops through the ceiling.

https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Re: Near Crapped myself tonight
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2012, 09:41:31 PM »
Shit big night for you good luck sleeping after all that excitement or is that excrement

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2012, 09:56:45 PM »
Boy, that would have been a heck of an adrenalin hit, lucky they weren't trigger happy, could've been a wrong place wrong time. Glad alls ok mate.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Olivia_jason

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2012, 01:12:00 AM »
wow, wierd night, it must be because i had a strange one also.
I was a sleep and my missus rang me to pick her up from the shop, dogs were a sleep beside the bed and i was dazed from being woken by phone, i went for a piss as you do when you wake up, heard what sounded like my back screen door while i was taking a leak, but the dogs didnt hear it as they didnt wake up, but i was then on alert.

stuck my head out for a quick look after my piss, but didnt see anything, the dogs are usually good at protecting the yard so thought it was just me being half asleep.
got in the car picked up the missus which took the entire 3minutes, when i left the house to get the missus i took the dogs with me. wish i left them behind.
but when i got home the missus asked why the side gate was open? this gate is never open its a big gate that is wired up, i freaked out and quickly went for a proper look around the yard expecting to see some one and prepped to sneak up and clobber them.
So some one was in my yard and did try and enter my house when i was taking a piss,
this is the second time in a week i have had the suspicion some one was trying to enter my yeard,
the other night at 2am i thought i heard the side gate and talking and the dogs went out for a bark and a grawl. when i looked i couldnt see any one. thought the dogs might have scared off some kids that were just on the street but after tonight i know some one was in my yard,
I suspect what has happened the person was entering my house as the missus rang and heard me get up for my piss and quickly snuck out the door they were entering and hid in the dark of my yard untill i drove off and they left out the side gate, as i locked the back door after i checked and before i left the house.
I was bloody dead certain i heard my screen door, and i was thinking if this guy trys to sneak up on me right now he will cop some serious piss,
 i was pushing that piss out fast so i could go check the door. lol, and lucky for them the dogs didnt hear them.
i gotta say i was a little freaked out when i saw the gate open and know that some one was actually entering my back door,  

your story is very similar to mine, its a horid feeling when you feel some one is around in your personal space. the adrenaline goes crazy, when i heard the screen door open i was pissing pure adrenalin i recon, and when i got home and decided to enter the back yard i got a second hit of adrenalin i kicked the gate so if any one was behind it they would get collected by it, and all you can do to over come the adrenalin is make sure you talk your self into committing your self into a fight.
I have never had any one try and get into my house before especially while i was home asleep it makes you bloody angry or scared and you have to pick which one you are going to be.
its a very curious feeling now that i think about it, you almost get a choice with your brains emotions weather you should be scared or very angry.   i should say im having trouble sleeping now.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 01:27:28 AM by Olivia_jason »

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2012, 08:11:58 AM »
I know how you feel, glad to hear your ok, didn't have the best sleep as the cops and dog were searching for hours in the area. Worse still is my 3yr heard the police yell out at me so she woke up from nightmares a lot last night.

Sounds like your dog is as good as mine - mine went crazy because of another dog but if a person went in the yard she just would want a pat and yours sleeps - maybe next time push your dog out the back door lol.

I hope you don't have any more visits.

for pinball t-shirts

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2012, 10:26:43 AM »
I know how you feel, glad to hear your ok, didn't have the best sleep as the cops and dog were searching for hours in the area. Worse still is my 3yr heard the police yell out at me so she woke up from nightmares a lot last night.

Sounds like your dog is as good as mine - mine went crazy because of another dog but if a person went in the yard she just would want a pat and yours sleeps - maybe next time push your dog out the back door lol.

I hope you don't have any more visits.

well my dog will certainly go off is some one is in the yard as it usually does and gets angry but it slept through this noise lol,
he is  abig boy also, the other ldog i have well it wouldnt do anything its a puss. lol

did they say why they chasing some one??? was it just a home invader or some one wanted??

Offline goodolddays

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2012, 10:47:52 AM »
Sorry to hear about your scares guys and glad you and your respective properties are OK . Hopefully they will bugger off now
I need more room ! and more $$$

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2012, 11:32:00 AM »
With mine, spoke to a neighbour and they said the search was going on for a few hours, the guy was considered dangerous and spoke to a person at work and around the same time they saw like a swat team about 500m away at the beginning of the street.

So hats off they are doing something and trying to find the guy but just for a split second they thought I was him - lucky I stopped when told to..... good story to tell know lol.

for pinball t-shirts

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2012, 01:39:17 PM »
With mine, spoke to a neighbour and they said the search was going on for a few hours, the guy was considered dangerous and spoke to a person at work and around the same time they saw like a swat team about 500m away at the beginning of the street.

So hats off they are doing something and trying to find the guy but just for a split second they thought I was him - lucky I stopped when told to..... good story to tell know lol.

wasnt that bloke thats all over the news atm for chopping off a blokes head??? thats a massive man hunt for him.
wow

well mate my saga continues, i came home to check up on my house from work, came home to the gate open again, i wired it shut last night and it was open and know dogs. mate i freaked for the last hour i have been searching for my dogs couldnt give a shit about the house.
found them in some ones back yard which is weird because they dont really leave the front lawn when they get out.
happy i foudn the dogs now im going to find out who tried to break in again.
my guess they opened the gate and they saw two dogs and did a runner.
i can only see they made it too the fence, funny thing is there hasnt been a break in our area for years, its not a bad area.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2012, 02:00:15 PM »
after putting alarm systems in for almost 15 years, I can tell u most definately that there is no such thing as a good or bad area for break ins.

people iether break into homes 5 minutes away and stay in their own area cause they know the roads and easy ways to get in and out with a car, or they travel some suburbs away to an area which is new to them and likely to give them less chance of being recognised. richer suburbs used to be the most attacked, but these days everyone has a decent TV and laptop etc etc, so every house in every suburb gives good returns for the break in artists.

thieves usually stay away from properties with dogs, but if they want that paticular house, they will just let the dogs out. sometimes they will let the dogs out 2 or 3 times in a row just to make sure the dogs now are used to them before going in for the loot.

unless u have an alarm on your property as a major deterrent, u are a good target. I also note, I have never had an alarmed property in 15 years (residential) ever broken into after a alarm was installed. Even if u put an alarm in, still hide your jewellery and your most wanted stuff, just in case someone still breaks in.
also, u are lucky no one has poisoned the dogs because I have seen that many times as well. thieves are the lowest scum on earth. catch them in the act and brutalise them for a few hours just for the fun of it.lol
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2012, 02:22:44 PM »
Scum bags aren't they? would be nice to sit in the rocking chair with a gun and surprise them %$% unfortunately its a way of life now crimes are on the increase. Hope everything works out for you guys and they catch the perpetrators.

Peter

Offline coon82

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2012, 08:04:13 PM »
Good to hear no one got hurt. this sort of thing really pushes my buttons and the sad thing is if you hurt or injure these scum bags in any way they can sue you!

also, u are lucky no one has poisoned the dogs because I have seen that many times as well. thieves are the lowest scum on earth. catch them in the act and brutalise them for a few hours just for the fun of it.lol

My father in law used to work security. He had a couple of Dobermans and still to this day often talks fondly of one of them in particular. It saved his ass on many occasions, but unfortunately someone poisoned it. Even if a guard dog were to bite one of these losers you could be liable for damages. What a joke. That's one thing we could certainly learn from the USA - You should have more rights than a criminal, but here were too soft.

Gotta love our Judicial system, NOT!
Wanted:   Black Hole (1981Gottlieb)