Author Topic: Gottlieb System 1 Pop Bumper Question  (Read 141 times)

Offline Slash

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
Gottlieb System 1 Pop Bumper Question
« on: August 02, 2013, 05:41:14 PM »
I'm in the process of rebuilding the pop bumpers (amongst everything else) so I ordered some new parts for it like coils, springs, yokes, bodies etc etc.

Anyhow I was going off the exploded diagrams from the Gottlieb 1982 Parts Catalogue to ensure that I got the right part numbers when ordering.  However, I was looking at the replacement plungers that I ordered against the ones out of the game and the new ones are about 4 mm's longer than the ones I took out.  Is this going to cause a problem if I use these longer ones?

If it is then my next problem is to work out if the ones in the game were the correct ones or the replacement ones are?  My guess would be the ones in the game.

Offline Pintoxicated

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
Re: Gottlieb System 1 Pop Bumper Question
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2013, 06:40:14 PM »
I would think that the longer plungers would limit the amount of travel into the coil thus not generating a full strike from the pop bumper ring.  It would probably still work but more than likely wouldn't have the punch a shortter plunger may give.

Is there an earlier parts catalogue than 1982?  That is a good 3 to 4 years after Sys 1 machines were built and there is every chance things may have changed in that time when they went to Sys 80 machines???
Addicted to pins.

Offline Slash

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2013, 06:49:03 PM »
It's definitely the right parts catalogue as it includes games up until 1982 I think. My Buck Rogers is from 1980 and the calaogue specifically has my game in it too.

Offline Pintoxicated

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2013, 08:29:32 PM »
I spose whack it in and see how it performs. 
Addicted to pins.