Author Topic: The machines will always test you!!!  (Read 141 times)

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
The machines will always test you!!!
« on: October 13, 2013, 03:37:14 PM »
Bank A Ball.... motor doesn't stop on Game Over. Ive been round and round in circles with this one, pulled relays apart and finely tuned, all to no avail.
A year later and I FINALLY find this loose wire!
I only found it because I was in the process of completely pulling the whole RESET assembly out.. it was tucked right in and only popped out once id lifted the assembly off..

Game is now fixed.

Same old rule applies.... its always a simple fix.. finding it is the hard part!!!!

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: The machines will always test you!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2013, 09:07:00 PM »
Yup - It is nearly always the way with EMs. Something so simple can create so much havoc !
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2013, 01:50:29 PM »

Sure can be frustrating.....mate of mine bought an Addams, and we installed some Cliffy protectors. A few days later he calls me to tell me that the game keeps going into multi ball without qualifying. So we work out that all the switches in that row have flaky operation...so I think it's a flaky switch or diode....after an hour or so of testing and eliminating, his wife (her game) says she thinks it's something to do with the protectors as it started soon after....turns out one of the target switches was close to the Cliffy, and touching intermittently!! What a pain! Should have thought of it right away being the most recent change to the game........
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline goodolddays

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2013, 01:55:18 PM »
Reminds me of my 'busting at 20' fault with Lady Luck on player 2 . Took days to troubleshoot when i should have started with the circuit boards on the score reels DOH  &^&
I need more room ! and more $$$