Author Topic: Playfield off rails??  (Read 144 times)

Offline TSPP

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Playfield off rails??
« on: November 13, 2009, 08:44:36 PM »
I have just got my JD in and wanted to ask if this looked right. It seems that my playfield should be sitting on that railing system? Is that right?

is this a two man thing?
.....something witty here

Offline MrMaloo

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Cessnock NSW
Re: Playfield off rails??
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2009, 10:44:48 PM »
Yeah mate . The bracket on the underside of the playfield should be connected to the slide rail on the cabinet . When you raise the playfield you should lift the front up enough so the support legs ( near the flipper coils on the pf underside) will clear the front of the cabinet . You then slide the whole playfield forward until you hear a click on each side . Then you can raise the playfield right up and lean it back against the headbox.

The click you will hear is the piece that sticks out of the cabinet slide rail "locking" in to the pivot part on the under playfield bracket . It's basically a safety mechanism that stops the playfield dropping into the cabinet when you lift it up .

I can take a pic of the mechanism on my Williams Indiana Jones tomorrow and post it in here if you would like ( unless of course someone else gets in first ).

Cheers.

Offline TSPP

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2009, 11:45:58 PM »
Thanx Cruiserman...think i re-aligned but a photo from your machine to confirm would be great. Thanx for the help.

Offline MrMaloo

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Cessnock NSW
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2009, 10:27:17 PM »
Took some pics today mate . They are with the playfield locked into place ( ie. playfield fully pulled forward) and fully raised up resting against the headbox . The latch mechanism is designed so that the playfield can only slide back in when it's down to the height of the support legs resting on or just above the front of the cabinet .

Offline TSPP

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2009, 11:07:06 PM »
yep, perfect thanx mate. exactley as i thought...just out of curisoty, the second srew/pivot...whats this for? dfferent level?

Offline MrMaloo

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Cessnock NSW
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2009, 11:23:40 PM »
I think the front pivot screw/nut thing is there so that when you lower the playfield back down to the level where you can slide it back into place it actually pushes the locking arm up so that the mechanism unlocks from the back pivot screw/nut . ...  !@# Hope that makes sense .. lol