Author Topic: Addams swamp weak kicker  (Read 628 times)

Offline faza

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Sydney
Addams swamp weak kicker
« on: April 29, 2011, 09:47:44 PM »
My Addams that i recently restored plays great the only problem i have is that the swamp kicker only just returns the ball should i be looking at replacing the coil or would it be a plunger problem ?????????????

Thanks

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Addams swamp weak kicker
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2011, 09:54:57 PM »
For the small amount of money, i would do both.

Dont forget that video we are all wanting to see.  ^^^
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline faza

• Forum Posts:
  • Sydney
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2011, 10:06:33 PM »
Will put one up when i figure out how  !@#

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2011, 10:12:46 PM »
Faza, I am no expert, but the first time, i just took a video, plugged the cord from my camera into the computer, the camera downloaded the software/video to my computer, i then jumped on youtube, clicked on browser, found the file i had saved, then downloaded it to youtube, then just listed the youtube link on AP.
I have a Kodac camera with video which makes like much easier. The new Cannon Video camera, I am yet to work out.  !@#

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline faza

• Forum Posts:
  • Sydney
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2011, 10:16:23 PM »
OK so you tube is the way to go do i have to limit the size of the file ?????????????

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2011, 10:27:14 PM »
OK so you tube is the way to go do i have to limit the size of the file ?????????????

usually less than 10 minutes in duration only.

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2011, 09:43:52 AM »
My Addams that i recently restored plays great the only problem i have is that the swamp kicker only just returns the ball should i be looking at replacing the coil or would it be a plunger problem ?????????????

Thanks

Coils tend to work or not work, unless overheated and the centre deformed. Remove the coil and try removing the sleeve. If the sleeve comes out easily the coil is probably ok. Add new sleeve and reinstall coil. If problem continues (and coil is correct rating to start with so check while in there) it might be that plunger or stop has magnetized slightly and need replacing.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline faza

• Forum Posts:
  • Sydney
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2011, 09:57:15 AM »
Thanks for the advice i replaced every sleeve in all coils will look into replacing the plunger.

Thanks

Coils tend to work or not work, unless overheated and the centre deformed. Remove the coil and try removing the sleeve. If the sleeve comes out easily the coil is probably ok. Add new sleeve and reinstall coil. If problem continues (and coil is correct rating to start with so check while in there) it might be that plunger or stop has magnetized slightly and need replacing.

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2011, 12:31:36 PM »
No worries. Another thing to look at is alignment. Often mechs allow you to "aim" the coil slightly. I don't know the set up for Addams but if the coil is offset too much could be loosing energy shooting into the side of the unit.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline dj10555

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2011, 01:14:28 PM »
Could also look at reseating the ribbon cable which runs between the MPU and driver board if you don't find any physical problems with the kicker. Sometimes the cable will cause coils to be weak or fire intermittently.

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2011, 01:30:52 PM »
was the machine supplied with the correct coil? some times people borrow coils and then replace them with any old coil.
also check the wires on the plugs that go to the driver board for this coil, if they are not seated in the plug properly then this can also cause a problem.
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline faza

• Forum Posts:
  • Sydney
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2011, 04:07:26 PM »
Thanks guys i found the problem the solenoid wires on things kicker was wired incorrectly i checked my teardown photos and it was wired wrong when i got the machine 50 Volt DC was looping through the coil and was affecting other solenoids as well.
I would have thought i would have been blowing a fuse as the negative wire was connected with a 50 volt positive, I didnt check before i fixed it but im guessing the negative wire was connected to the looping out 50 volts.
Now all the kickers are too bloody fast .

Cheers