Aussie Pinball Forums > Restorations

Data East Star Wars High End Restoration

<< < (2/13) > >>

Crashramp:

--- Quote from: Strangeways on August 27, 2016, 11:25:44 AM ---
--- Quote from: oldskool1969 on August 27, 2016, 09:10:21 AM ---I think you were too kind on condition report, what a stinker.  @.@

--- End quote ---

I have another Star Wars that is far worse  %.%

--- End quote ---

I can't argue with oldskool, this one was a turd. Looking forward to seeing how it's turned out.

Great to see some more resto threads too.  ^^^

RPZ:
Looking forward to seeing the finished product! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Strangeways:
I purchased the BLACK version of the decals quite some time ago. For a short time, we looked at a completely new cabinet, but this cabinet was too good to trash. Due to the massive backlog I have at the moment, the idea came about to have Tim and Stu work on the cab. What a masterstroke that was !

After a short time, the call came through from Tim and Stu that the playfield and cabinet were completed. I had requested a "High End" cabinet refurbishment with the decals I had provided. I picked to the cabinet and playfield last week.

Before I left, We packed the cabinet for the trip back to Thomastown. It was raining when I left Thomastown. When I arrived in Geelong, it was like a summer's day - Until a hail storm came from nowhere. So I didn't want to take the risk. The cabinet was packed and even though it was under a tarp in the ute, I didn't want a drop of rain on it !

SAFE and SOUND in the workshop - Finally !

The artwork "pops" and it is difficult to photograph - It has a lot of depth with the BLACK background, and the red just pops out at you !

Here are the powdercoated legs to match the cabinet. We were looking at a 2 PAC black, but this is a much better and durable finish. The door, door housing and headbox brackets are all with the same finish ;

Some BLING photos ;

The siderails are new Stern siderails as per the latest LEs. Impressed with the KISS LE siderails, I though we would try that finish - and it turned out great.

As I've mentioned a few times, APR have worked closely on a number of projects with HRP. This is another amazing result with a "risky" artwork package, but it turned out absolutely amazing. What these guys can do with cabinets etc is simply amazing. So ALL the credit for this amazing milestone in the project needs to go their way.

^^^

KBRI1700:
The cabinet looks truly menacing, defying you to come and play.  !*!

GORGAR 1:
Awesome :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version