Author Topic: For those that like new cars  (Read 707 times)

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
Re: For those that like new cars
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2012, 11:35:02 AM »
Very cool looking car, nice one mate  ^^^
Your green machine won't be getting much love for a little while with that new toy to play with, especially in this weather

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2012, 11:42:01 AM »
Very cool looking car, nice one mate  ^^^
Your green machine won't be getting much love for a little while with that new toy to play with, especially in this weather

I took them both for a run yesterday, but you're right, I think the Bacchus will be a little less used, although it will get a run at the Speed Trials in December.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2012, 02:42:12 PM »
I took them both for a run yesterday, but you're right, I think the Bacchus will be a little less used, although it will get a run at the Speed Trials in December.

I wasn't aware they had confirmed the speed trials return.  Is it still going to be along Ritchie Bld?

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2012, 05:22:07 PM »

I wasn't aware they had confirmed the speed trials return.  Is it still going to be along Ritchie Bld?

Yep, different organiser and actually not the "Geelong Speed Trials" (the brand is owned by the previous organiser who can't seem to get along with the council), but running over the original course. They are being selective for cars this first year, but I'm apparently in as my car has history at the event (previous class winner).

http://www.geelongrevival.com.au/

“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2012, 05:33:38 PM »
Good news, was always a great day watching a few vintage cars strut their stuff, and checking out the cars on display

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2012, 06:06:45 PM »
What a day!  $#$

My business partner decided I should have a day off today, so I thought it would be a good chance to break in the new car. We also wanted to check out a property in the Otways, and as roads like the famous Forest-Apollo Bay Road and Deans Marsh-Lorne Road are the natural habitat.....  *)*

The HORROR!!  !*!
New Speed Limit on the Forest-Apollo Bay Road - 80 kph!! Talk about Nanny-State stuff. Sure, we loose the odd biker with more HP than skill, but now the rest of us are restricted to a dawdle. (Probably a bit harsh, these roads can be treacherous, particularly the rivers that flow over them this time of year, I did have the traction control even in sport mode lend a hand at one point! :)

Once you get into the properly windy stuff though, it's not a problem as the limit is tough to break anyway. Checked out the property and decided to go home via lunch at Lorne, and take the Deans Marsh-Lorne Road back. I held a faint hope.....but no, same deal, 80 kph limit. But as this road only has about 10 km of tight stuff, again not too bad. But I'll miss the days of not having to watch the speedo so closely.

The weather was picture perfect, blue skies, blue ocean, great lunch and a great car to drive - they really got the handling package sorted out of the box (for road level enjoyment, I can see the tuners going nuts tightening it further). But it maintains its poise when thown about, a real gem of a machine.

Gotta go to work tomorrow, bummer!

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2012, 01:42:56 PM »
Sounds like fun, other than the speed limit  *%*
Another reason I got rid of my road bike, too easy to lose your ticket along the coast. Cops hide in the bushes, drive well under 80kmh in panel vans with surfboards hanging out with cameras on the dash filming riders crossing double white lines etc.  Sure there are plenty of dickheads but 80kmh  @.@