Author Topic: ? WAY TO USE LED'S ? WHAT DO U THINK. ?  (Read 1388 times)

Offline Wotto

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
Re: ? WAY TO USE LED'S ? WHAT DO U THINK. ?
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2010, 10:15:25 AM »
I think there is a LOT of trial and error with placement - and I think there is scope for a "standard" for placement for each machine.

Yep – correct there Nino – placement is a LOT of trial and error.

Placement – I have put LED’s in certain places on games, then tried another colour in that spot, then tried a different style of lens ( narrow, wide, ablaze3 ) over and over again until it looks best for the game  - I have even had some globes in games for a week or so, thought I liked em and then ended up changing or removing them.
- it’s kind of also a personal thing.

One very small example of how these are ‘personal’ is that when I had my TOTAN I put WHITE Led’s under the BAZAAR inserts, to me they were just OK and were better than the ‘yellowy’ incandescant’s BUT I was never  overly wrapped in the look of these particular inserts – then,  when the game was at Pauls place and he had a meet, quite a few guys commented on how good the BAZAAR Led’s looked

These days – LED’s are so cheap that you can afford to buy quite a few to experiment with – I mean if you spend $200.00 these days , you can buy about 200 – 250 globes, in days gone by that same amount would have bought you 40 globes.

And Nino – I believe TOM could look amazing with LED’s
DW Drums rule !