Author Topic: (Vic) Jurassic Park for Sale (Updated 06.04.2011)  (Read 534 times)

Offline RaptorLawyer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
    • Sekured custom sneakers
(Vic) Jurassic Park for Sale (Updated 06.04.2011)
« on: October 31, 2010, 10:26:02 PM »
*If a mod could please move this thread back to the sale section it would be much appreciated  ^^^

Howdy guys.

Sucks to have to happen but the time has come for me to move on my beloved Data East JP. Sadly I have to pay for uni textbooks and rego and due to not having much time to work this is my only recourse to paying off my debts.

I will try and list in as much detail as I can but please forgive my lack of tech speak as I am more of a polish and shine kind of guy rather than a fix and build. I have included a number of pictures for potential buyers but at this stage I am looking to keep the sale local so buyers can fully inspect and consider the purchase. I am also flat out with class so cannot spend too much time waiting for removalists.

The Good:
- Playfield is great, only very very minor wear around scoops (kindly see photos) and cliffys are available.
- Screen is 100% working and bright, no lines missing
- I have recently purchased brand new Playfield Glass, 4 Brand new black legs with 8 new leg bolts. I have also purchased 4 new floor protectors (these will all be included with the sale)
- Machine is 100% working.
- Ramps are all good (no cracks), only 1 plastic (above 'A' scoop has a tiny little chip in it).
- Dinsoaur is 100% operational.

The not so good:
- Cabinet is showing some signs of wear. Some scratches can be seen (see photos) and could use a little attention if required.
- Lock down bar and side rails could benefit from a powdercoat
- The left hinge thing that connects the headbox to the cabinet is slightly warped and could use straightening.
- There is a small discolouring in the bottom left corner of the translite (very minimal)
- There are a couple of screw holes in the front of the cab where I removed the lockbar that went across the coin door. Bar will be included but could be easily filled.

I will also include an A3 sized original Jurassic Park Movie poster so you can put it up next to the machine for a nice touch.

Overall the machine plays great (well it did) and i think is fairly priced at $2000.

Thanks a bunch,
Steve

** Please note whilst this machine does feature PSP Instruction cards the machine was not purchased from Mark so please do not base your decision on the machine being one of his.

***Since posting previously the machine has been repaired by a tech and is now 100% operational. Anyone interested is more than welcome to come around and have a bash on it from 13/4/10 as I am on a field trip as of tomorrow.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 09:05:48 AM by RaptorLawyer »
Kill each-other nicely please.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: (Vic) Jurassic Park for Sale
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2010, 10:30:24 PM »

Sad to see it go - since I recall you spend quite some time looking for one. At that price and the honest description, it will not last long.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline RaptorLawyer

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2010, 10:34:22 PM »
Thanks Nino, yeh this is a real heartbreaker. Took nearly a year to find one as Im sure you remember.

As soon as I find some better work that fits in around Uni I will have to get another. Until then though, back to visiting Mark and watching youtube videos of one being played  %.%

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2010, 11:45:31 PM »
It's a shame you have to let your toys go but being responsible is better in the long run than a few toys.    You will have no drama selling it at that price and one you finish uni and start you new career your collection will boom

Offline shansta

• Forum Posts:
  • Vic...
  • I want to migrate... To Qld...
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2010, 09:41:01 PM »
I did the hard yards putting Toni through uni - it sucks - but it will pay off for you big time...  ^^^

Machine won't last long in that condition, at that price.

Best of luck.

Shane.

Why is it called PMS?
Because "Mad Cow Disease" was already taken...

Offline RaptorLawyer

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2010, 09:19:54 PM »
Price drop to $2000.

Offline RaptorLawyer

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2011, 07:28:51 PM »
Machine has now been serviced and is 100% operational/functional and FUN!

The issue was with the power supply and this has now been rebuilt by an experienced tech!
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 09:07:07 AM by RaptorLawyer »

Offline RaptorLawyer

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Re: (Vic) Jurassic Park for Sale (Updated 06.04.2011)
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2011, 09:10:37 AM »
* Simply bumping the old thread rather than making a new one!  #@#

To summarize the above edits:
- Machine is 100% good to go and operational, no faults. Has been serviced by an experienced tech within the last two weeks.
- Can be viewed and tested from 13/4 as I will be away till then.
- Price is set at $2000
- Machine comes with new legs as well as floor and leg protectors.

Thanks guys