Author Topic: ?? BEST STERN FROM SIMPSONS TO AC/DC ?? PICK YOUR BEST STERN MACHINE !  (Read 1001 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
I was wondering, from the release of the Simpsons Pinball Party, up to and including say the AC/DC Pro, what is the BEST STERN release in the last 13 years.apx ?  !@#  !@#

I asked around today, a few people reckon Lord of the Rings, some say Spiderman, a few say AC/DC because of the great music and overall popularity, one mate still thinks its the Simpsons ? Monopoly has been popular, because it is such a beautiful game to look at, but a unusual game, and very iconic. I mean, every title has its great n positive points. What one sticks out the most on your "YES" radar ?

WHAT IS THE BEST STERN GAME TO PLAY OUT OF THE LAST 13 YEARS OF RELEASES... THE BEST STERN PLAYER, LOOKER AND WHY ? ?  !@# !@# !@# !@#

(note - Harley Davidson and Monopoly came before Simpsons, so ofcourse they are included, but Simpsons is a title most feel really got Stern cooking along well)

link below of ALL STERN titles to chose from > Pick your best from this list !  ^^^

http://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?searchtype=advanced&mfgid=303
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 06:49:16 AM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline ajlaird

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
Haven't played the last few titles, but I really enjoyed POTC when I got the chance to put some serious time on one. Loved the theme, loved sinking the ship, the whole package was a blast.

Offline Ant68

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
Well what I like Brett may not appeal to you , and may be cattle fodder to others .
But in my book there's no bad pinball , there all good  it's what pinball pressed  the individuals buttons to like .
I would say the last dozen Stern made are not bad.
The most popular in my house hold are Shrek ( the kids love it) Avatar , SM  and IJ4 .LOTR to deep for the kids .
When guests come over they walk pass MM,BBB, TZ, MB etc etc and head straight for IJ4 and Gilligan's Island .

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
for me, they only made 4 good ones. TSPP (but its a bit difficult), LOTR, Spidey, and ACDC. I did enjoy POTC at first, but it's just no challenge at all. I would like to try the Indy, but have never seen one to play it. Oh, FG is a good game, but the theme is just too much.

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
Of those I have played, I really loved the game play in LotR, but can't handle the theme. Bought and set one up for a fiend and really loved playing it, but the film was really unappealing for me and infects the title a lot. But I think I will own one, one of these days.

“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast

1. Ironman
2. Spiderman
3. CSI

Special Mention - Terminator 3

Note - There's a lot of Sterns I have not played in depth.

Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
1.Spiderman
2.Ironman
3.LOTR

NO other stern titles come within a bulls roar of these 3.

" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Richyrich

• Forum Posts:
  • Mansfield, VIC.
Black Spiderman  for me.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
Yes, Family Guy and Shrek really stand out to me to be winners for sure. Not as many around, and both do hold their prices well because of lower numbers, but both definately look the goods for sure. Whenever I have seen a FG or a Shrek, they are always Home Use Only and have low game counts, usually immaculate.

If I could buy half as dozen Sterns to put into my "Pinball World" on the Gold Coast (which I am always working towards with 50 plus machines in it), I think It would be the way to really showcase alot of great titles. It doesnt hurt to dream n try.

This year, I am focused on acquiring, subject to my business continuing well in this up n down economy, my dream list , which is a must have list, is to get >
AC/DC Pro (confirmed n bought) Transformers Pro (confirmed deposit paid) and work like a dog to buy > (no paticular order)
Shrek, Avatar, Iron Man, Family Guy, and see if I can find other Sterns that people would enjoy. I havent bought a sports car for the last 3 years, so the money has gone to pinnys instead. (that alone has saved me alot of car depreciation$ - pay $50 grand for a car and 2 yrs later its worth $18-$20 grand,if u are lucky, whereas pins keep the same $ relatively give or take only small margins, if not usually climb in value)

Collecting for a dream is fun, if not extremely difficult, but determination with a nutty addiction can only result in success sooner or later. May take a year or two, but hell, why not try. I am sure people who dont even like me would still come to a place and play 50 pinnys if it were open to the public. The Gold Coast is a big tourist area to promote somnething like that. As long as it broke even, or lost a bit, it wouldnt matter cause I would run my security business from the same premises.

If I had my way, i would have a OPEN Pinball Competition, at $100 a head to join, 1st place takes home a BRAND NEW IN BOX STERN. Thats the sort of idea that will really bring alot of pinheads together for Australias best n funnest competition. Has anyone ever given away a brand new Stern before in Australia for a Pinny comp.
Anyway, Its good to see what people think is the best Sterns. All helps the crazy dream. :D
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 10:10:53 AM by Caveoftreasures »

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline Replay

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
AMD gave away a TRON LE last year... awesome prize!

http://www.amdcoinop.com/NSW_Pinball_Championship.htm

Offline Greg

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
    • rtbb.com.au
Sterns I like-
Spiderman
CSI
Transformers LE
T3
TDK
FYG
IM
Striker X

TSpp and LOTR, Tron pro/LE, Avatar pro/LE , rolling Stones pro/LE, Shrek & POTC don't make the cut with me

Sterns I found interesting   24, IJ4 and Elvis but I probably wouldn't buy them.

ACDC  well I'll wait and see
http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/
We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
AMD gave away a TRON LE last year... awesome prize!

http://www.amdcoinop.com/NSW_Pinball_Championship.htm

Excellent.thanks for listing that. Dam,that would have been a great prize. I wonder who was the lucky winner and did they keep it or sell it off ! (keep it I would have *%*)

A good list of pins out in the wild too.. Thanks Replay for the info.  ^^^ I wonder if AMD will do something with a AC/DC Pro, which would be nice, or maybe one of those radio stations. About time we had something great happen in the world of pinny comps. Bring on the next one for sure.  *%*

Offline Dirty daz

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Forum Posts:
stern pinballs  i have in my private collection are,
TSPP,  great game , hard though,  one of the only games i have on 5 balls
LOTR LE , this one is a real players game
monopoly,  fast game play u can realy get it going
POTC , used to love playing , dont play much anymore , not all that easy 
Batman ,TDK , its a player that i'm still trying to conquer

would like,
sopranos
spider man
transformers

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
Have only played close to 10 on the totals list but out of those, I enjoyed NBA (some features - though it may getting boring after a little While), loved the look and play of TRON LE and really enjoy Ironman. AC/DC is behind those 3 but wouldn't cough up the dollars for.

Other styles had parts that I liked the lokk of or game play of. One machine that I just couldn't understand the hype and just didn't enjoy was Avatar.

Keen to have a few games of the Transformers - reckon this could be in the top 3 of my stern like list.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 02:59:15 PM by swinks »
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Cursed

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Tasmania
Tron
Iron Man
Transformers