Author Topic: No Longer Available Items for Restoring  (Read 21500 times)

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
Re: No Longer Available Items for Restoring - Ceasing
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2013, 08:26:32 PM »
This bell shaped spacer, used on a lot of Bally machines
a solid shape (but with a mounting hole) that does not dig into the playfield would be great
I would make it to fit the hole, no need for it rivetpressed to the plastic

no problems Peter - I just need to borrow a sample as can do a silver (shiny light grey) material and can do a 50% fill and it will be rock solid with a mounting hole.
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline ralph67

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Stoneville
    • ralph1967@optusnet.com.au
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2013, 03:50:57 AM »
Any chance you could make the Coin insert plastics (20 cents) to suit the older Stern games. White plastic , and i found a part no. 4B-142 "specify coin".  I would take at least a dozen. If you need a sample i can send one to you. cheers Ralph ..
One-Ball!

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2013, 07:46:37 AM »
Any chance you could make the Coin insert plastics (20 cents) to suit the older Stern games. White plastic , and i found a part no. 4B-142 "specify coin".  I would take at least a dozen. If you need a sample i can send one to you. cheers Ralph ..

Hi Ralph

I am happy to work on these items and others as long as there is a demand for them. That said there seems to be a few people asking for the aussie market specific items (20 cent coin) lately though, so if you have a sample and don't mind lending it to me just pm for my address and we can go from there - I will take good care of the part.

cheers
Jady

for pinball t-shirts

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2013, 11:33:14 PM »

Hi Ralph

your item is next on the design and print line, I haven't forgotten you just slightly caught up

for pinball t-shirts

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2013, 01:21:15 PM »
I am trying to tick off a few items with this one finished today with the Fathom Ball launch arm beefed up in the corner fillets which solves the overhanging print issue (which also makes it stronger) and designed some snap off supports for the large over hanging section.

All I need is someone to test fit & run and report back any issues as Nino is 6 months away from being able to test run one of these.

What do you get - you will get a free one to keep as a spare and will be worth around the $20.

Also anyone have a assembly drawing of this part?
Anyone know if these are used in other games or just in the fathom?
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 01:25:06 PM by swinks »

for pinball t-shirts

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2014, 12:21:51 AM »
Jady will look at my embryon and see if it uses one of these. If so will test for you. Will look tomorrow and get back to you.
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2014, 07:09:29 AM »
Jady will look at my embryon and see if it uses one of these. If so will test for you. Will look tomorrow and get back to you.

thanks heaps that would be great  ^^^

for pinball t-shirts

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2014, 09:21:34 PM »
Had a look and believe it is the same part. Interestingly mine has been modified as it seems to be cracked. Check out the photos.

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2014, 09:28:52 PM »
thanks for checking, and great to know there are more machines with this elusive bracket...

well if you are keen to test one for nothing let me know and I will get it in the mail  ^^^

it would be good to see where the upgraded one fails if it does as added 1.5mm more fillet to the centre rib from 0.5mm to 2mm both sides.

for pinball t-shirts

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #39 on: January 02, 2014, 09:34:04 PM »
Pm sent

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2014, 09:35:43 PM »

Hi Ralph

I am making progress, here is the model and should have a test print ready to go back to you for a test fit and then make any re-adjustments.

Jady

for pinball t-shirts

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2014, 08:50:32 PM »
Had a look and believe it is the same part. Interestingly mine has been modified as it seems to be cracked. Check out the photos.

I sent a sample today for you to try out, but tonight played around with the improved version. I noticed on yours and the one Nino sent me that the breaks are pretty much in the same place.

Therefore I filled in this section, added another corner brace as well as larger fillet in the inside to strengthen up a little but allow for 3D printing. Check out the original and improved images and when you fit the supplied one report any fitting issues as well as if the filling in of sections is going to cause a fitting issue.

for pinball t-shirts

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #42 on: January 17, 2014, 09:34:01 AM »
Hi All

Due to a number of issues in trying to make some money from the 3D printer venture - making mods and reproduction parts I have decided it just isn't viable. I have invested nearly $4 grand as well as 300 hours of printing and even more hours sitting at the computer designing etc but meanwhile recently slogged with paypal charged backs has put me into a spiral downwards. I should of just kept the money in the bank. I want to do mods and reproduction stuff but finding that for it to mildly viable for me to do - sales are showing it just isn't worth all the time and effort and Shapeways has been a fail as well as I think people expect things for cheap / nothing.

Therefore unless a miracle occurs I will not be taking on any new little jobs with the only real outstanding ones being for Ralph as we are at the tail end of finalising that - hopefully is helpful to him otherwise another part of learning curve.

I will still sell the items that are selling as the hard work has been done:
- Range of AC/DC - bell covers
- Metallica Cross
- Bally Shrouds (small and large)

In the end I have learnt the hard way that 3D printing is great for proto-typing but not as a stand alone business trying to sell parts.

Where from here, I am designing and have built a few proto-type 3D printers and maybe there is a local market for that for an affordable printer running on linear bearings, self levelling and fast / accurate etc but today I don't have my hopes too high on that.

I will still design mods but for "ME" and the machine (machines I hope to own) for fun and if people like them I will set a price that covers my time and materials and if they don't mind the price - they can buy them and if people don't no loss as I did it for fun. Another fun product is designing a custom pin so I will put my efforts into that.

In the end in the next week or 2 I will resort to standing along a main road with a sign asking for a job.

My apologies for expressing my feelings and emotions but I am at the bottom of a pit and over it - 6 months unemployed, mother in law with terminal cancer, almost out of money and so many wasted hours - I need some luck but unfortunately I am not one of those people.

You will still see me around but in a different capacity - general conversation or sharing designs I have done for fun.

Thanks for the kind words and support over time.

Cheers

Jady

for pinball t-shirts

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #43 on: January 17, 2014, 10:34:51 AM »

Hi Jady,

Thanks for the update.

This was a great idea, but I guess people are so used to mass-produced extremely cheap consumer items, that engineered short-run items seem expensive by comparison. I suspect few have ever had something built from scratch,  so don't realize that unique items are expensive, even if its just a "little piece of plastic".

Thanks for letting us know, and all the best with the job hunting - darkest before the storm as they say. You sure have a lot on your plate, but I am sure you'll find the reserves to get through this.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline elkor-alish

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Perth
« Reply #44 on: January 17, 2014, 11:37:28 AM »
Sorry it didn't work out Jady.
I was really looking forward to seeing what else you might come up with.
Luckily Ralph ordered a some extra coin chutes for me too (they'll be awesome).

Good luck with your next stage of life and at least you gave it a go.
Pins: The Getaway, TotAN, WH2O, Pinball Magic, Banzai Run, Flintstones, Judge Dredd, Lord of the Rings LE, Metallica LE, Iron Man VE, The Walking Dead LE, Star Trek The Next Generation.