Author Topic: Pin2000 error mesages explained  (Read 1341 times)

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
Pin2000 error mesages explained
« on: July 27, 2010, 07:08:55 PM »
Anyone have a chart or page on PC error messages that may come up during boot up for Pinball 2000?

My game is up and running again but had a small scare last night where the graphics went all blocky and the system died. No lights, no nothing except the translight. Tried rebooting but nothing. Opened the PC and found a floppy power connector pin sitting on the spare slot pin. Moved and rebooted and got the screen but blocky graphics before it hung and then rebooted giving errors like cannot load game data or something.

Not knowing what to do I opened the pc again and reseated everything, ram, prism, graphics card connections and also all plugs.

It then fired up ok.

So wouldn't mind any info on error messages that may appear on the boot/load screen.
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Pin2000 error mesages explained
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2010, 05:17:31 AM »
I am glad i read your post.

There is a MINT Star Wars Episode 1 Pin 2000 game located on site here on the Gold Coast and it is doing exactly what you have described above.

I am waiting for the owner to contact me re selling the game. I will take the risk it is like what u have described. Just a plug issue etc. If i buy it cheap enough, and its only simple, all good, or i can still go the NUCORE way anyway, and update it forever.  ^^^

Good to see yours mainly fixed itself.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2010, 11:32:58 AM »
Try this site Rob, it has some troubleshooting and a few links, don't know if it has that specific info.
It not covered in the manual?

http://www.pinball2000.de/

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2010, 01:54:31 PM »
Try this site Rob, it has some troubleshooting and a few links, don't know if it has that specific info.
It not covered in the manual?

http://www.pinball2000.de/

Yep have tried here. Didn't have what I needed but thanks for the link.

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2010, 01:59:57 PM »
I am glad i read your post.

There is a MINT Star Wars Episode 1 Pin 2000 game located on site here on the Gold Coast and it is doing exactly what you have described above.

I am waiting for the owner to contact me re selling the game. I will take the risk it is like what u have described. Just a plug issue etc. If i buy it cheap enough, and its only simple, all good, or i can still go the NUCORE way anyway, and update it forever.  ^^^

Good to see yours mainly fixed itself.
I don't think there's much risk. I have given my game a major work out gameplay wise and had no problems since my posting. Like you stated, you can always go the nucore way in the end. Hope you get the SWEP1, I have one as well as enjoy it very much. Just crank it up in the feature adjustments and get the latest software and its as good as any pin out there gameplay wise. What I like about the P2000 is you have to complete missions before starting the next. So you have to play the shots required. When playing my TZ, I can start heaps of modes and just flip and most times a mode or two will just time out without makign a shot and yet I'm closer to the wizard mode.

You have to get a RFM or at least the playfield if you buy the Swep1 to compliment it. Good luck

Offline Hooked

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • USA
  • God-Family- Pins.
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2010, 12:22:38 AM »
I had this issue once after moving the pin...found the prism board had moved slightly.
Just unscrewed the side conectors ...took out board reinstalled and all is well.
Seems they are very touchy.
Custom mods made from top quality materals.
http://Http://Hookedonpinball.com

Offline roundball

• Forum Posts:
  • BNE - The only place to be.
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2010, 10:20:45 AM »
Hello. My first post on AP.  $.$

I am reading this with interest and maybe you can help? My revenge from mars has a problem. During game play it will freeze, sometimes after 5 minutes, sometimes after 5 games.  Pretty much the image will freeze and the light on the playfield will drop out.
I have tried a different power supply with the same result
I have checked the fan and put new heat paste between the fan and the cpu
I have disconnected the power board from the computer, same problems.

^&^

Can anyone else suggest something I can try.

Thanks.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2010, 02:26:36 AM »
Guys,
can anyone help Rounball with his enquiry. ? It is his first post and It would be nice if the gent got an answer to his enquiry and we welcomed him in the same great aussie pinball spirit with a few answers and a few welcomes.  Any pin2000 owners ideas would be appreciated !  ^^^

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2010, 11:10:05 PM »
Just saw your post. Have you tried removing completely the PRISM card and (a) re-inserting it in the original slot and (b) into another slot.

The next step is what version of the software do you have? Maybe download the latest V1.5 as maybe the ROM's have become corrupted.

Then maybe your RAM chip is faulty once the system warms up.

Finally it could be your CPU chip or PCB breaking down once it warms up. I am assuming the CPU fan is working all the time.

Let us know how you go

Offline Chuck

• Forum Posts:
  • Usa
    • Big Guys Pinball
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2010, 03:14:43 PM »

I am reading this with interest and maybe you can help? My revenge from mars has a problem. During game play it will freeze, sometimes after 5 minutes, sometimes after 5 games.  Pretty much the image will freeze and the light on the playfield will drop out.
I have tried a different power supply with the same result
I have checked the fan and put new heat paste between the fan and the cpu
I have disconnected the power board from the computer, same problems.

^&^

Thanks.

There are lots of things that can cause this. Generally working for X amount of time and dying usually means a heat related problem. Are you running the machine in an air-conditioned area? Has the cpu fan ever died and you replaced it? If components suffer thermal damage it can ruin them in the way you're describing. I would suggest taking the back panel off the head, taking the top off the computer box and setting a big fan near the area to really try and cool it off. If that works you do have a heat issue.

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2010, 03:56:24 PM »

I am reading this with interest and maybe you can help? My revenge from mars has a problem. During game play it will freeze, sometimes after 5 minutes, sometimes after 5 games.  Pretty much the image will freeze and the light on the playfield will drop out

Thanks.

Welcome to Ap roundball sadly I can't help with your problem or only just joined the pinball 2000 club

Offline Hooked

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • USA
  • God-Family- Pins.
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2010, 08:16:50 AM »
I purchased my P2000 and according to Clays site .....replace the Power source as soon as possible.
I opened my PC and found the fan was gone...the hell you say...yes someone took it out.
So check your Power source fan and your the one in the prism card area...both should be running full blast.
These are cheap and well worth the effort to replace if there is any question.
Custom mods made from top quality materals.
http://Http://Hookedonpinball.com

Offline Private Gimp

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Mackay, Queensland
  • Fix'n and play'n Pinball
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2010, 09:30:43 AM »

I replaced my Power Supply and Fan as soon as I got my RFM and it hasn't missed a beat. The PS can heat up too much also.
I have tinkered with the PC installing a 266Mhz CPU + Fan (with heat paste) and Network card since then and is solid as a rock.

Just make sure you do the PS and fan replacement at least and re-seat the prism board while you are at it.

regards
Cliff

Offline roundball

• Forum Posts:
  • BNE - The only place to be.
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2010, 10:33:38 PM »
Hi,

Just checking back and thanks for the replies. I've pretty much done what has been suggested other than the ROM upgrade. Fan is fine, ventilation is fine so I suspect no heating issues in that regard.

I fear that if I reflash the roms and it freezes during the update it will likely screw it all together, maybe worth a try though. Since my last (first) post I've sourced another CPU but with the same results. I will try the prism card in another slot and report back. Otherwise its:

A) A Nucore upgrade - how much are they at PSPA..?
B) Anyone have a replacement motherboard to suit..?  I've suspected the MB from the get-go and tried everything else, but all points to the MB.  

Thanks.

« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 10:36:58 PM by roundball »

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2010, 05:27:47 AM »
do u live near another member who has a Revenge from Mars.

u could try your prism card and roms etc in their machine to see if it is any of your items other than the mother board.

u could isolate the prob this way to see if it is your motherboard or not. if you roms n prism card etc cause the other machine to play up, then you will know what is giving you problems. if u lived in QLD i would say come over n lets give it a go. !  ^^^