Author Topic: Stern 2015 - Wrestlemania  (Read 11163 times)

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
Re: Stern 2015 - Wrestlemania video
« Reply #45 on: January 06, 2015, 06:32:37 PM »
a basic video, looks like they are using similar to sling shot leversd as flippers in the top playfield - a good compact option

utoplay=1&rel=0
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline DSB

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast
    • OMNI Electrical & Data
Re: Stern 2015 - Wrestlemania
« Reply #46 on: January 06, 2015, 08:46:43 PM »
a basic video, looks like they are using similar to sling shot leversd as flippers in the top playfield - a good compact option

Not a fan of the theme but its good to see something different than just ramps and bash toys on the playfield.

Offline Pinprick

• Forum Posts:
  • Perth
« Reply #47 on: January 06, 2015, 08:51:34 PM »
I would be happier to put a fresh dog turd in my games room than this abomination.
"I don't operate on a level playing field"

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #48 on: January 06, 2015, 08:59:44 PM »
I would be happier to put a fresh dog turd in my games room than this abomination.
now that's novel
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline oldskool1969

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth
« Reply #49 on: January 06, 2015, 09:05:42 PM »
no no , don't hold back , tell us how you really think Dude  %.%       ^^^
If it isn't broke, it isn't pinball.

Offline Brunswick Brawler

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Australia
« Reply #50 on: January 06, 2015, 11:45:05 PM »
Has there been any mention of what extra playfield features will be on the LE?

If not, I'm wondering if there will be no Premium model, with the LE being only cosmetically different to the Pro.  The game feels like it is pitched more to operators rather than the home.  Just a hunch.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #51 on: January 06, 2015, 11:53:05 PM »
There are 3 or 4 differences mechanically with the LE. It's contained in the huge Stern press release and on their site.
Artwork different as well.

Premium will feature diff cabinet art as usual and prob same LE Playfield features and its own translite.
Just look at all who have come before, like TWD or Star Trek or Mustang and you prob know what will follow next.
The Pro is always exceptional value for money and always feature packed.
JOhn Trudeau built Mustang. I believe he built WWE Wrestling. Mustang playfield and lighting on the Pro feels like a LE.
This WWE Pro lights up like the LE. Looks awesome already.
Le pitched to home and siting. Prob 80 percent to home.
Premium to home or siting. Prob half to each.
Pro to home or siting. Prob half to each.
That's what Stern usually tells me on most recent titles.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 11:58:00 PM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Replay

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #52 on: January 07, 2015, 12:34:25 AM »
Has there been any mention of what extra playfield features will be on the LE?

If not, I'm wondering if there will be no Premium model, with the LE being only cosmetically different to the Pro.  The game feels like it is pitched more to operators rather than the home.  Just a hunch.

From Wresting Inc (I like to state sources of info)
http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2015/0105/588229/more-details-on-stern-new-wwe-wrestlemania-pinball-game/

As noted, Stern Pinball will be releasing a WWE WrestleMania pinball machine later this year. This will be Stern's newest, most technologically advanced table and will go for around $5,500. Below are more details released today:
Stern Pinball Is Ready to Rumble

World's Leading Maker of Arcade-Quality Pinball Games Introduces WWE Wrestlemania Pinball at the 2015 Consumer Electronics Show

Wrestling legend Hulk Hogan to autograph Limited Edition Versions

MELROSE PARK, IL – January 5, 2015 – Stern Pinball, Inc., the world's oldest and largest producer of arcade-quality pinball games, introduced today the new WWE Wrestlemania pinball machine at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES 2015) in Las Vegas, Nevada. WWE Wrestlemania will be available in both Pro and Limited Edition models.

WWE Wrestlemania calls players into the ring as WWE superstars embarking on a quest to become the WWE worldwide heavyweight champion. Players train their wrestlers and then compete in a series of matches leading them on the road to Wrestlemania.

The WWE Pro and the Limited Edition machines feature an innovative upper pinball playfield wrestling ring. With the flipper buttons, players control two "Slammer" slingshot-style kickers in the ropes of the ring. Completing the three drop target bank starts a wrestling match. Players rack up points and pin opponents in the ring by shooting into a kick out hole. Keeping the ball in the ring and hitting as many targets as possible will advance players through the match. Multiple ramps guide the ball throughout gameplay, while brilliant lightshows highlight the all LED playfield. Ten licensed songs include intro music for wrestlers that players choose. WWE announcers Jerry "the King" Lawlor and Michael Cole add play by play excitement.

Wrestling legend Hulk Hogan will individually autograph each of the numbered WWE Legends of Wrestlemania Limited Edition (LE) machines on a bottom arch mounted gold plaque. With only 400 autographs available, this collectible must be limited to that number of games. The LE game art features classic WWE stars, of course including Hulk Hogan. Actual WWE wrestling action is projected on the LE's replica "Titantron" playfield level 5.7 inch LCD directly above the ring. The ball is always wild when it comes into contact with the LE's exclusive "Chaos" spinning DISC while a third "Wham! Arm" flipper allows players to knock the ball off a wire ramp.

"The WWE franchise features unique characters and fantastic action sequences that are captured in these pinball machines. WWE Wrestlemania pinball games will appeal to a very large and diverse group of both WWE and pinball fans," said Gary Stern, Chairman and CEO of Stern Pinball. "This game is unique with an innovative wrestling ring and other features that will captivate pinball players of all skill levels."

WWE Wrestlemania is the first pinball machine to feature Stern's recently announced SPIKETM electronics hardware system. The new technology reduces product complexity and simplifies

manufacturing, resulting in more reliable and easier-to-service games. SPIKETM is both modular and scalable, accommodating and supporting future designs. Players will quickly appreciate higher quality sound, enhanced illumination effects and a more engaging overall game experience.

At the CES 2015 Stern will also be showing its Star Trek, The Walking Dead, and Ford Mustang pinball machines.

Pricing and Availability:

WWE Wrestlemania Pro Model: $5,495 (MSRP)

Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.

« PREVIOUS HEADLINE | COMMENT | MAIN | NEXT HEADLINE »

GET DAILY E-MAIL ALERTS:
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 12:37:35 AM by Replay »

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #53 on: January 07, 2015, 07:19:05 AM »
as per post on pinside

New free downloadable Pinball Magazine special:
Veteran pinball designer John Trudeau discusses his latest game: WrestleMania
Lots of new details about the game and upcoming LE version!
http://www.pinball-magazine.com/?p=2440

for pinball t-shirts

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #54 on: January 07, 2015, 10:53:00 PM »
I got it right, a John Trudeau design.
The style looked like the best things from Mustang.
He has excellent designs when it comes to his tables. Similar style to Borgys. Lots of flow and colour.

Martin from PinballNews must have been up all night doing the WWE article. Jonathan from Pinball Magazine has done well as well. I would have liked to see John Trudeau standing there with his arms above his head like a wrestler or even have a WWE star with him. Maybe Stern will do that. Well done to all.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 11:20:59 PM by Caveoftreasures »

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline skywalker

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
« Reply #55 on: January 07, 2015, 11:33:01 PM »
At first didn't like it, starting to warm up to it, hopefully Zak will site one soon for a test

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #56 on: January 07, 2015, 11:37:27 PM »
reckon Gary could have a long hair blonde wig and pose next to the LE and impersonate Hulk Hogan  %.%

for pinball t-shirts

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #57 on: January 07, 2015, 11:47:08 PM »
as per post on pinside

How many people can we name on the cab/translite?

Names to faces now, not just shotgunning and throwing out current wrestler's names.  #@#

I honestly don't know any of them. My era was Hogan, Bundy and Andre the Giant.

« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 12:09:09 AM by pinsanity »

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #58 on: January 08, 2015, 12:38:11 AM »
I know John Cena in the middle.
I think Brock Lesnar is on the left but the pic wasn't clear enough. Don't know any of the rest. I never watch the women's wrestling cause "slutty" makes me want to put my fingers down my throat on any subject where women look like tarts.
I really like the amazing colours John Trudeau brings to his playfields . Borgys stuff is colourful, but Johns stuff is even more colourful. The only change is that on this title I would have liked to have seen the option of chrome edging on the headbox. Chrome looks better in my opinion on some titles.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #59 on: January 08, 2015, 09:42:44 AM »
as per post on pinside

How many people can we name on the cab/translite?

Names to faces now, not just shotgunning and throwing out current wrestler's names.  #@#

I honestly don't know any of them. My era was Hogan, Bundy and Andre the Giant.

Big Show is on the cabinet
It looks like Triple H on the far RHS and Kane on the far LHS.

Used to love the "drama" between the Undertaker and Kane. I watched an episode recently, and nothing has changed - there still too much "talk" and not enough action. At lest in the 90's and 00's you had guys like The Rock who was funny and very good at playing the crowd.

"can you smell what The Rock is cooking" ?
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia