Author Topic: Metallica - Stern - release 2013  (Read 55020 times)

Offline Freiherr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
Re: Metallica - Stern - release 2013
« Reply #780 on: March 08, 2014, 10:37:18 AM »
And I slept in Thanks Marty downloading now

Peter

Lucky you did, that's a hell of a lot of code and updates. Sounds like you are going to have a fun weekend.
If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #781 on: March 08, 2014, 10:47:38 AM »
About time if better get downloading and have a game don't think I've played it since last update

Offline Wotto

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
« Reply #782 on: March 08, 2014, 11:31:55 AM »
Days like this keep the Stern nay-sayers quiet. More proof right here that Stern are kicking goals and have it all over thier 'competitors'.
With this update and another due in a few weeks ,as well as the recent XMEN update AND talk of an Avengers update,it should provide confidence that this company does what it promises.

Going to grab it now.
DW Drums rule !

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #783 on: March 08, 2014, 11:36:26 AM »
WOW 20 games in and its awesome thanks Stern ^^^ it did take to long but worth the wait you gotta love modern technology how with a simple update I have a new game just awesome no boring with the same game play these days. Its a huge update band modes and I love how sparky throws the ball back at you when hes hit awesome.

Peter ^^^

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #784 on: March 08, 2014, 12:08:21 PM »
Crank it up mode is EPIC lights dim choose a song woooo whoooo

Peter

Offline tonyt

• Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #785 on: March 08, 2014, 12:12:33 PM »
Days like this keep the Stern nay-sayers quiet. More proof right here that Stern are kicking goals and have it all over thier 'competitors'.
With this update and another due in a few weeks ,as well as the recent XMEN update AND talk of an Avengers update,it should provide confidence that this company does what it promises.

Going to grab it now.

Well said mate.

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #786 on: March 08, 2014, 12:24:18 PM »

Going to grab it now.

Well said mate.

Possibly. The game was released 11 months ago. If finishing games a year down the track of being sold is kicking a goal, then yep, Stern have nailed it.. ( just bringing it into perspective ^^^)

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #787 on: March 08, 2014, 12:28:01 PM »
Theres definately something wrong with me and not sure why I'm in this hobby.  Two games and I turned it off  WTF is wrong with me???

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #788 on: March 08, 2014, 12:52:38 PM »

Well I guess if you look at it from the glass half full perspective - with a Stern you often get a new game a year later with the code update. Kinda fun that way I guess, two for the price of one!!
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline elkor-alish

• Forum Posts:
  • Perth
« Reply #789 on: March 08, 2014, 01:43:06 PM »
Thank f^@& they've finally given us an update.
Yes it's been awhile, but at least they haven't forgotten us Metallica owners.
I can't wait to install it now. #*#
Pins: The Getaway, TotAN, WH2O, Pinball Magic, Banzai Run, Flintstones, Judge Dredd, Lord of the Rings LE, Metallica LE, Iron Man VE, The Walking Dead LE, Star Trek The Next Generation.

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #790 on: March 08, 2014, 01:49:02 PM »
Theres definately something wrong with me and not sure why I'm in this hobby.  Two games and I turned it off  WTF is wrong with me???

Two games Dan you may not have seen any changes :-)

Peter

Offline Wotto

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
« Reply #791 on: March 08, 2014, 01:54:47 PM »
I am just saying ( Gav ) that a number of us go into these purchases with eyes wide open - expecting to wait and also expecting that Stern will follow through - and they do.

There was so much negativity in the past over code releases/ unfinished game sales.......that I think the last few weeks have really brought things into perspective. At least Stern never goes out stating they will sell the greatest game ever , on time and complete, knowing full well that they cannot. They just get about thier business of releasing a new game every 4 months or so, put it out there for the market to decide on, sell it and then follow up with getting the game up to a state ( that it would appear ) 90+ % of Stern owners are happy with in the end.

I for one am VERY happy with that philosophy and style of business over a snake oil sale ANY day of the week  ^^^
DW Drums rule !

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #792 on: March 08, 2014, 02:45:33 PM »
I am just saying ( Gav ) that a number of us go into these purchases with eyes wide open - expecting to wait and also expecting that Stern will follow through - and they do.

There was so much negativity in the past over code releases/ unfinished game sales.......that I think the last few weeks have really brought things into perspective. At least Stern never goes out stating they will sell the greatest game ever , on time and complete, knowing full well that they cannot. They just get about thier business of releasing a new game every 4 months or so, put it out there for the market to decide on, sell it and then follow up with getting the game up to a state ( that it would appear ) 90+ % of Stern owners are happy with in the end.

I for one am VERY happy with that philosophy and style of business over a snake oil sale ANY day of the week  ^^^

Its OK.. im not trying to rain on the parade.. I know Stern owners now expect this kind of deal when buying a machine and its now industry standard because of it. Personally though I really don't like the " sell now and catch up later" approach.. only and I mean ONLY pinball can get away with this.. any other type of business and this would be ridiculed... But... Metallica owners are all happy and that's the important thing and only now that's its a finished game can you truly evaluate it

Offline Freiherr

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
« Reply #793 on: March 08, 2014, 02:52:49 PM »

Well said and may I add that rating games also needs frequent updating as nothing keepd still with modern pinball.
If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,

Offline tonyt

• Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #794 on: March 08, 2014, 03:06:18 PM »
Personally though I really don't like the " sell now and catch up later" approach.. only and I mean ONLY pinball can get away with this.. any other type of business and this would be ridiculed... But... Metallica owners are all happy and that's the important thing and only now that's its a finished game can you truly evaluate it

I look at differently Gav. The only thing that is changing is the code (software) and not hardware. Don't most software companies release updates and enhancements and charge you for them - Verision 2, 3, 4 etc..? I pay over $5k a year for my business software updates every year.

As frustrating as it gets with the delays, it gives a chance for Stern to listen to and implement ideas for improvements in the game play and ultimately the end user gets a better product imo.