Author Topic: Metallica - Stern - release 2013  (Read 55020 times)

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Re: Metallica - Stern - release 2013
« Reply #795 on: March 08, 2014, 03:32:19 PM »
Theres definately something wrong with me and not sure why I'm in this hobby.  Two games and I turned it off  WTF is wrong with me???

Two games Dan you may not have seen any changes :-)

Peter

I noticed spark throwing the ball more that's about it. 

Still not happy with the coffin lock hate the way you have to bounce the ball off something instead of a direct shot to get it to work

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #796 on: March 08, 2014, 04:16:29 PM »
Theres definately something wrong with me and not sure why I'm in this hobby.  Two games and I turned it off  WTF is wrong with me???

Two games Dan you may not have seen any changes :-)

Peter

Still not happy with the coffin lock hate the way you have to bounce the ball off something instead of a direct shot to get it to work

Mate there's heaps of changes and I mean heaps :-) animation modes rules sounds timing and yes the magnet still doesn't grab the ball 100% but I'm not sure it's either meant to with a direct hit as the ball travels so fast in that small area? Slings have been powered down there much better oh and love how the grave magnet now holds the ball for super jackpot it just goes on and on I love it :-)

Peter

Offline Shaneus

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #797 on: March 09, 2014, 12:10:46 AM »
I look at differently Gav. The only thing that is changing is the code (software) and not hardware. Don't most software companies release updates and enhancements and charge you for them - Verision 2, 3, 4 etc..? I pay over $5k a year for my business software updates every year.

As frustrating as it gets with the delays, it gives a chance for Stern to listen to and implement ideas for improvements in the game play and ultimately the end user gets a better product imo.
Yeah, other companies might release software for version upgrades... but if I released a product that advertised something (like a wizard mode, in this instance) and it wasn't available until a year after release I'd be ridiculed pretty heavily (and rightly so).

I'm happy for all the owners who finally got their update and it's now a full(er) game, but it seems like that Stockholm syndrome is coming on pretty strong IMO. At least the ST updates are for bug fixes and such. Entire (previously advertised at launch) game modes are being added with this update!

I do hope this is the last of this sort of practice we see from Stern. Like I said, Star Trek seemed to come out okay (although Mr. Ritchie had some strong words to say about the code the day it came out) but it's required fixes/changes felt like a nip/tuck compared to Metallica's full-blown-plastic-surgery-plus-massive-fake-tits required overhaul.

Offline Replay

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #798 on: March 09, 2014, 01:52:53 AM »

Give it some more game time, if your not happy flip it and move on

Offline Wotto

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
« Reply #799 on: March 10, 2014, 09:26:00 PM »
Call it Stockholm or what you will but this update has definitely lifted this game up a LONG LONG way.

There is a LOT going on ALL the time.

NOW it REALLY makes you think about your shots and whats best to ( try ) and shoot for when.
I have so far obtained Crank it Up on 2 or 3 occassions ( takes a lot of shots to get there ) and then you are presented with 4 new VERY playable , and from the ones I have played , very well thought out modes. I played Fade to Black and the 10,9,8,7.....countdowns that come on in the process of you trying to make shots REALLY put the pressure on you. I played Enter Sandman, made all the shots and had its Jackpot lit at the scoop - I went for it and got it and expected points, but no , I was presented with yet another choice ......accept my 38+ million Jackpot with the left flipper ( that was counting down like a hurry up while I stood thinking OR hit the right flipper and try and continue to play the mode over for the remaining 3+ minutes for obviously a chance at a larger jackpot OR lose the lot if not achieved- VERY cool.

Pretty impressive what I have seen so far.

Daniel - play some more games on it. It took me around 20+ to start discovering/ achieving this new stuff.
DW Drums rule !

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #800 on: March 10, 2014, 09:39:45 PM »
Wow Watto, sounds like a massive update! Looking forward to my next game on Daniel's (hint) to try this one out.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #801 on: March 10, 2014, 10:59:41 PM »
Wow Watto, sounds like a massive update! Looking forward to my next game on Daniel's (hint) to try this one out.

Just shoot me a text and if I'm home pop over your always welcome nick

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #802 on: March 10, 2014, 11:02:45 PM »

Just shoot me a text and if I'm home pop over your always welcome nick

Thanks mate!
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #803 on: March 13, 2014, 09:05:58 AM »
I just relised they removed those stupid call outs YEEESSSSSS I hated those  ^&^

Peter

Offline Freiherr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
« Reply #804 on: March 13, 2014, 09:52:47 AM »
I just relised they removed those stupid call outs YEEESSSSSS I hated those  ^&^

Peter

Amazing how a simple programming change can enhance the overall play experience. You sound pretty excited; nice to see.
If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #805 on: March 13, 2014, 12:01:55 PM »

Peter

Amazing how a simple programming change can enhance the overall play experience. You sound pretty excited; nice to see.

Yeah I'm very excited as this game had sooooo much potential and it's been realized like acdc was. I only have 3 games and the other two aren't getting played much :/)

Peter

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #806 on: March 15, 2014, 10:05:38 PM »
Had 60 million sitting in CIU with 2x running and fuel running decided to continue and risk the payout and then tilt faaaarrrrkkk no lol

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #807 on: March 15, 2014, 11:06:39 PM »
Dumb question how do you know what your doing?  I just hit and hope?

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #808 on: March 15, 2014, 11:42:47 PM »
 @.@

I used to just hit the flashing lights lol but I spend alot of time on pinside now and everyone talks about rules so I pick them up that way :-) I love modes and deep rules luckily stern provide that so all good Metallica is now a master piece in my view. 

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #809 on: March 16, 2014, 12:10:43 AM »
@.@

I used to just hit the flashing lights lol but I spend alot of time on pinside now and everyone talks about rules so I pick them up that way :-) I love modes and deep rules luckily stern provide that so all good Metallica is now a master piece in my view. 

OK so clearly I don't have enough free time.  Looks like ill just keep pushing the flipper buttons when the balls on the flippers lol