Author Topic: Pinrepair is no longer available free online  (Read 4100 times)

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
Re: Pinrepair is no longer available free online
« on: April 22, 2011, 03:17:48 AM »
I had all the wms stuff saved but now I have saved them all. I am doing this with anything & every thing to do with any pinball now. I like to keep a copy of manuals and eproms as they also are disappearing. If only some one had given us a heads up before balls of steel was removed  !!!  .
It is not so bad in this case because you can pay $10 and access the documentation. What I really hate is when files / software is removed from the web due to copyright reasons but no one has the licence to sell the files or the person who has the rights does not sell the software or files. The way I look at it is this, if no one with a licence wants to sell the software, image or hardware then make it free. Then if the licensed person decides to make the item and sell it, remove the free copy of it. The one thing I keep in mind is just because you can download it today doesn't mean you will still be able to download it next month.  Before I bought my second pin i used to use VP mame, I could download nearly any table and rom set for nearly any pin, but now most of them are no longer available.
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)