Author Topic: Python's Pinball Circus coming soon?  (Read 2858 times)

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: Python's Pinball Circus coming soon?
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2014, 10:40:38 PM »
for those interested I just found out that Ben Heck's board set - the pinHeck Board Set is being used on the this game as is in the America's Most Haunted and Pinball Zombie's From Beyond the Grave (which is still in proto-type stage). At the recent expo the board set played played over 700 games without fault in the Pinball Circus proto game.

That is a feat that I don't think will ever be repeated. Given it was not the full playfield, it is still a great demonstration of reliability and field testing success. I can't wait to play one of these "grail" machines. Thrilled with the progress.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Pinballace

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2014, 05:31:19 AM »
for those interested I just found out that Ben Heck's board set - the pinHeck Board Set is being used on the this game as is in the America's Most Haunted and Pinball Zombie's From Beyond the Grave (which is still in proto-type stage). At the recent expo the board set played played over 700 games without fault in the Pinball Circus proto game.

Yes, you are correct the pinHeck board set is being used.  It is a good fit for this game as it will allow us to economically put more flippers (7 total) and switches into the game.  There were 3 roll-out games at Expo, The Big Labowski (great game), Hobbit (really needs help to be a good game) and Circus (the best of all but I am biased).  Of the three the Circus was the ONLY one not to have a single electronic nor mechanical failure.  In over 700 plays we only had 3 ball sticks which was our main concern as we had just installed two completely new shots (one a new ramp) just hours before the roll-out.  We had no playfield plastics nor ball stick guards on the machine at all and yet we only had 3 ball sticks.  The other two roll-out games were having issues with mechanical and software glitches the entire show.

We have many new exciting features that will be coming to the game soon.  Pythons goal was to have this machine be the "Greatest pinball show on earth".

Cheers,
James 
The ramp business was very very good to me.

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2014, 09:00:11 AM »

Yes, you are correct the pinHeck board set is being used.  It is a good fit for this game as it will allow us to economically put more flippers (7 total) and switches into the game.  There were 3 roll-out games at Expo, The Big Labowski (great game), Hobbit (really needs help to be a good game) and Circus (the best of all but I am biased).  Of the three the Circus was the ONLY one not to have a single electronic nor mechanical failure.  In over 700 plays we only had 3 ball sticks which was our main concern as we had just installed two completely new shots (one a new ramp) just hours before the roll-out.  We had no playfield plastics nor ball stick guards on the machine at all and yet we only had 3 ball sticks.  The other two roll-out games were having issues with mechanical and software glitches the entire show.

We have many new exciting features that will be coming to the game soon.  Pythons goal was to have this machine be the "Greatest pinball show on earth".

Cheers,
James 

That is an amazing result given the complexity of the design - well done to all involved in bringing Python's dream to reality.

Where do I sign up James?? 
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2014, 09:17:11 AM »

Cheers,
James 

Thanks heaps for updating us, and please keep us updated in the future - very exciting for you guys
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2014, 12:32:46 PM »
Hopefully one or more of these rare beauties make it to Australia.  Would love to have a game on one.   &&

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2014, 03:30:24 PM »
Sounds great :) I to would love to play one

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2015, 07:26:42 AM »
Update time.

Some gameplay vid from Southern Fried Expo last week.

« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 07:40:55 AM by pinsanity »

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2015, 07:27:54 AM »
Presentation from Expo.

Offline oldskool1969

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth
« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2015, 08:30:20 AM »
nice video and some really hard shots by the look of it.
You could tell it was early working whitewood as no lighting and that crappy, repetitive circus music.
looking good and unique.
If it isn't broke, it isn't pinball.

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2015, 09:18:55 PM »
Looks like a tough game with the flipper set up in the original design, I thought you could move the snake head with a button, probably wouldn't help much, looks like a super drain monster! Great to see their progress!

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2015, 10:37:36 PM »
Looks like a tough game with the flipper set up in the original design, I thought you could move the snake head with a button, probably wouldn't help much, looks like a super drain monster! Great to see their progress!

That will be enabled with a "pelvic thrust" button. Python wanted the snake in the original prototypes but Williams removed it. The Circus Maximus team have added it in, but not enabled it for this show.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #41 on: June 29, 2015, 01:17:32 AM »

That will be enabled with a "pelvic thrust" button. Python wanted the snake in the original prototypes but Williams removed it. The Circus Maximus team have added it in, but not enabled it for this show.

I thought it was something like that, I remember listening to an interview with Python about it. Will be funny to watch it in action!

Offline Pinballace

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2015, 03:11:52 PM »

Yes Python wanted us to install a "PT" button for the snake.  The game at this point is almost complete mechanically but the button for the snake has not been install. 

It was just one year ago last weekend which we announce we were going to make the game.  At that time we only had one small playfield done, last weekend was the one year mark and at the show everyone was able to play the game all the way up to the top playfield.   

We've been showing the progress all the way through on our facebook page so that people can see what it takes to make a game as unusual as the Circus.  The game as it is right now plays like a pig but it is doing exactly what we need it to do and that is getting it set up like the one Circus in Las Vegas.  That game too plays like a novelty game and that's what we have to address to make Python's Pinball Circus the "Greatest Pinball Show on Earth" 

After we finish this whitewood game we are going to build our second game, the "development" game.  The development game will be the game we install all the new features and test them.  The first game we are now currently working on will become the "comparitive" game which we can compare if the feature is improving the play. 

The software as it stand right now is very very basic.  All it is doing at this time is allowing the game to flip and allow the ball to game play.  There are only a few game switches programmed into play. 

Our goal is to have this first game completed with the hardware side at the Chicago Expo in October.  We also hope to be started with the second game as well,  The software side of the project is going to the be most critical part of the game.  It will be over 70% of the game itself and will take anywhere from 12 to 36 months to get it right.  During that time we'll also be getting the 12 sample games started.  Our goal is to have the software and 12 sample games completed around the same time....it's our goal, not a promise.  We've haven't taken one dime of deposit money or pre-order money and we're already ahead of that 4 year "Magic Girl" million dollar game.  %$%
The ramp business was very very good to me.