Author Topic: Life cycle of a Stern machine.  (Read 2727 times)

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Life cycle of a Stern machine.
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2015, 09:53:38 PM »
Funny thing is the OP was a tongue in cheek look at how a new Stern release eventuates.. and in all honesty it is a cycle that is repeated over and over. Those that frequent Pinside and its 365,789 pages of "  is Sterns new game XXX?" would know this.
Then the fragile amongst us came and ruined it!!

Its a piss take ... remember  when you  could go Ha ha ha ha??

Its a machine

Its not going to be perfect

Its a hobby

The "S" in Stern stands for SERIOUS

Offline Cow Corner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2015, 10:03:37 PM »
When is the next Stern title coming out?
I'm looking forward to the next Hitler video.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline andypinboy

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2015, 10:17:46 PM »
Learn to laugh guys! It feels good. I love Stern as much as the next pinhead. And I love humour! I wanted to prove a point - that ol' sherrif CoT is whacky zany, & madcap - he's the Ivan Milat of pinball (that's a joke btw Gorgar1, herrfrie & rottydude). In fact I like Stern so much I'd almost put Metallica LE in the top 10 pins of all time. But even with my wicked sense of humour I do not like CoT's marketing (& that's what it is - no doubt at all) pushed down my throat in every single thread. Neither do others.

Now where did that Hitler video go   %.%
I enjoy Porsche, Gibson LPs, Bally-Williams & learning about pinball maintenance & restoration.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2015, 10:20:21 PM »
No one has ruined anything. That's just silly. A debate or thread isn't ruined cause someone has an opposing opinion. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Just because one person sees it as tounge in cheek doesn't mean everyone does, or visa versa. Some may think boring, some may think the opposite. People can think for themselves.
I also don't log onto or read Pinside so that forum doesn't influence or shape my opinion on anything pinball. But if their are Pro Stern people on their, well that's good to us Stern fan boys. Lol
It's the same old circular argument that's been going on for years.
Round and around in circles it goes.
Pro Stern vs Anti Stern.

It's almost like the Christians versus Muslim debate. Age old circular debate. Round and round it goes like a washing machine. Snrrrr.
Each side thinks their right and each side defends their position.
I think some call it democratic. Some take it serious, some take it as humorous. Some both.

I wonder how many new people to the pinball industry don't buy a new Stern because of the anti Stern stuff they read.
I wonder how many people do buy a new Stern cause they read a Pro Stern opinion.

If only one person buys a new Stern cause they like the Pro Stern posts then I am a happy man.
Wouldn't the haters love that. ?
End of my circular argument. Lol

Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2015, 10:25:14 PM »
Learn to laugh guys! It feels good. I love Stern as much as the next pinhead. And I love humour! I wanted to prove a point - that ol' sherrif CoT is whacky zany, & madcap - he's the Ivan Milat of pinball (that's a joke btw Gorgar1, herrfrie & rottydude). In fact I like Stern so much I'd almost put Metallica LE in the top 10 pins of all time. But even with my wicked sense of humour I do not like CoT's marketing (& that's what it is - no doubt at all) pushed down my throat in every single thread. Neither do others.

How many forum log ins do you have ? Do u have multiple forum names etc. You must be taking the piss with all of us.
Comparing anyone on here to Ivan Milat is downright offensive.
Stop saying retarded things about me, in jest or otherwise.

Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline andypinboy

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW
« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2015, 10:29:36 PM »

How many forum log ins do you have ? Do u have multiple forum names etc. You must be taking the piss with all of us.

Cavey - seriously - laugh mate!
I enjoy Porsche, Gibson LPs, Bally-Williams & learning about pinball maintenance & restoration.

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2015, 10:33:56 PM »
LOL!! Who's anti Stern??... How can you be anti a company?

They've made some right shit machines... they've made some good machines.
So has Gottlieb... Williams...Bally.... Playmatic.. oh no hang on they have'nt made any good.

I take each title as it comes... if you remember correctly, I LIKE TWD but wished the dumb bash toy wasn't there.. is that hating??
Transformers is one of the worst games ive ever played.. its a friggin shocker... TRON is cool. Batman has the flippers so close that I couldn't lose a ball and walked away after a 10 minute single ball and gave the game to some kid... ((( ((( ((( (((.... ACDC I just couldn't get into... gasp!! SACRILIDGE!
I don't hate them.. I don't love them.

Like I said, its just a machine like the thousands before it and the thousands I choose  to own or not to own.

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2015, 10:35:10 PM »

He was a fan of Margaret Thatcher.. %.% %.% %.% %.%

Offline andypinboy

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW
« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2015, 10:40:00 PM »
Who - Cavey was a fan of Margaret Thatcher? Well I reckon she had her sexy days (great hair) & that steel-gaze, so I could see Sherriff CoT leaning that way  *%*
« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 10:43:32 PM by andypinboy »

Offline andypinboy

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW
« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2015, 03:43:40 PM »
Hitler video from Feb - theme is color dmd. Warning coarse language in the subtitles. Apologies if someone has posted it before.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dNEMCqu1BsA
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 03:51:29 PM by andypinboy »

Offline Freiherr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2015, 04:21:27 PM »
Coarse language is nothing to worry about when you have Hitler with rage and anger.  His face expression and body language translate in any language.
If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,