Author Topic: Poker Machine Repair/Restore  (Read 2821 times)

mark jackson

• Trade Count: (0)
Poker Machine Repair/Restore
« on: July 28, 2015, 02:25:31 PM »
Hi All, I've just got hold of a poker machine. It's a Jubilee Super 7, 4 reels, 20c, mechanical (no digits), works by pulling the arm/lever.

mark jackson

Re: Poker Machine Repair/Restore
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2015, 02:33:42 PM »
....not sure why but this posted itself before I was finished.????
Anyway, the pokie ..... it 'works' as follows: Someone must have set it up for 'free play' as you can pull the arm and the 4 reels spin around. It does not work with money. Two fluro lights work in the top section, but the other fluro (in front door) does not. None of the counters for games played, payouts etc re-set when I push the small red button.

That's about all I know about this. .... I'm looking to get this repaired/restored. Does anyone know where I can take this to get work done on it? I live near Gosford so Central Coast or Sydney area would be preferable.

Rather than 'stumble around in the dark', I'd prefer to get this repaired/restored by someone who knows what they are doing.
Any tips or leads would be appreciated. Thanks, Mark

Offline Pintoxicated

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2015, 08:41:05 AM »
Might be worth contacting Ken Shipley.  Every chance he may be able to help you out.
Addicted to pins.

Offline Boots

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2015, 11:16:24 AM »
....not sure why but this posted itself before I was finished.????
Anyway, the pokie ..... it 'works' as follows: Someone must have set it up for 'free play' as you can pull the arm and the 4 reels spin around. It does not work with money. Two fluro lights work in the top section, but the other fluro (in front door) does not. None of the counters for games played, payouts etc re-set when I push the small red button.

That's about all I know about this. .... I'm looking to get this repaired/restored. Does anyone know where I can take this to get work done on it? I live near Gosford so Central Coast or Sydney area would be preferable.

Rather than 'stumble around in the dark', I'd prefer to get this repaired/restored by someone who knows what they are doing.
Any tips or leads would be appreciated. Thanks, Mark

These machines look complicated but if you break it down into sections they are quite simple.
The coin section is probably the easiest part to fix, purely because it's readily accessible.
Spend an hour studying how it works and you will soon work it out.
I am working on one at the moment (my first one) and there is a button/lever that you push down that eliminates the need for coins.
So I guess look for something out of place, a spring missing etc

mark jackson

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2015, 12:08:57 PM »
Thanks guys. How would I contact Ken Shipley?? Excuse my ignorance but I don't know of him at all. I'll post some pics of this machine and that may help. All info and tips are really appreciated. Mark

mark jackson

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2015, 01:16:05 PM »
A couple of pics.....

mark jackson

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2015, 01:17:58 PM »
a couple more ......

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2015, 02:58:37 PM »
ken is known here as Skybeaux

http://aussiepinball.com/index.php?action=mlist;sort=realName;start=1410

and also try other AP members - ddstoys or beaky for board repairs etc, though Ken maybe easier to travel to as is at Central Coast just north or Lake Macquarie
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Pintoxicated

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2015, 08:46:24 PM »
Ken is close to you and I am confident that he has experience with something like your machine.  Well worth your while asking him.
Addicted to pins.

Offline The pinballist formally known as Dean Morgan

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Berwick Vic
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2015, 09:11:58 PM »
Shame your notin Melbourne as I could assist! 
Im a Gottlieb Man - System 1 & 80 Rock

mark jackson

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2015, 01:07:50 PM »
Thanks guys. I've sent Ken a PM and will wait and see what he says about this. Meanwhile. I'll try to get the coin mech to operate properly, and put back the few wires which are not attached. .... but I'm really flying blind here ... I don't know much about these machines at all. ...but, I really like the old pokies where you can pull the handle, and lose your money one coin at a time..... ah, the old days!

mark jackson

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2015, 01:39:51 PM »
Just to update you. ... I contacted Ken who gave me the name of someone who has fixed machines for him. I made contact, and took the machine to him. I saw about 20 different machines which were great. He had some of the old Bally 'hold' machines, as well as a few early (30s &40s) machines. I know it's in good hands now. When I get it back I'll strip the metal parts and get them re-chromed. I'm also going to replace the laminate sides with a timber veneer with some nice grain in it. That should get it looking good. .... I'll update this post when things happen.

Offline andypinboy

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2015, 08:45:04 PM »
Glad she's being taken care of - look fwd to updates!
I enjoy Porsche, Gibson LPs, Bally-Williams & learning about pinball maintenance & restoration.

mark jackson

« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2015, 06:17:21 PM »
............. back to square 1. The gent I sent this machine to does not do 'boards'. .... I'm now asking if there's someone out there who can deal with these boards. There are 2 of them, and they are all to do with the 'payout' side of things. The machine now works on a 20c coin, and mechanically it's all working ok. It's just the payout part that needs attention, and that relates to the boards. Anyone out there able to help????