Author Topic: Medi Evil Madness Remake Photos & Article  (Read 3078 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Medi Evil Madness Remake Photos & Article
« on: February 17, 2016, 10:13:16 PM »
Martin from PinballNews has just done a brilliant In Depth Review on the
Medi Evil Madness Remake machines coming off the Stern production line.

I am not sure if any members have purchased one or know the Aussie price but they look great.

Check out PinballNews for a great article.

Anyone here buy one or have home photos ?
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline McKie1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Medi Evil Madness Remake Photos & Article
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2016, 10:59:06 PM »
I think only 40 odd came here, split between the three trim choices.

Someone told me the last two from the shipment were sold for around $16k each. Not sure!

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2016, 12:15:36 AM »
Restored to better than new originals must be 20k then.  &&

Genuine polished chrome trim all the way, not baby poo ahem gold.

No beta test boards on these either. Pure Williams quality.

Offline pinsanity

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2016, 12:31:11 AM »
Get ready for the automatic knee jerk response.  #@#

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2016, 12:36:36 AM »
I think only 40 odd came here, split between the three trim choices.

Someone told me the last two from the shipment were sold for around $16k each. Not sure!

They were listed in the USA at $8,000 USA each for the USA market.

I was thinking that by the time u send one down under with shipping n customs etc etc, add $1500 Aussie then add in the difference in the Aus $ and it would be more like $11,500 to $12,500 with mark up etc etc etc.

At 16 grand that's a bit of a rip off IMO.

Even the original excellent 90,s MM are only worth 8500 to 10,500 if u are nuts & want to pay silly money.
Four years ago a friend got a container in from Japan and it had 8 originals in it & all were in great condition, as all Jap machines are.
He presold all to individual buyers & got 8 grand each & they owed him about 5 grand to 5500 each in a large container deal. It was the last container full of supposed A grade titles that could be had for reasonable $.

Since then, I would have thought the prices on the originals would have dropped a lot if a brand new 2016 technology MM remake could be had in the USA for 8 grand US.

Some people call the latest machine the MM Refake, but I think it's because they paid really stupid $ for a 90,s version & now realise they will never come close to getting their $ back on it.

All the same, I think the new MM is the way to go.
That would be a keeper forever if the Aussie price was realistic.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 12:44:05 AM by Caveoftreasures »

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2016, 12:41:07 AM »
Get ready for the automatic knee jerk response.  #@#
%.% %.% %.%

%.% %.%
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 12:56:17 AM by Caveoftreasures »

Offline pinsanity

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2016, 03:11:23 AM »
All of those Jap import machines had a redundant aftermarket metal Taito badge screwed into the side of the headbox so could hardly be classified as "great condition".

I'd take the $8k Jap version as a discount price just for the fact that the original direct printed artwork is now ruined.

Well done to anyone who bought a repro MM though. It was a great way to get hold of what is the holy grail pin (19 years at number one) for nearly all collectors and since prices of originals had surpassed $20kUS for immaculate original examples it made sense for a lot of people to choose that option and to pickup a reasonably close to original remake version.

« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 03:16:19 AM by pinsanity »

Offline McKie1

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2016, 08:26:27 AM »
You are right Brett. From my understanding, those that ordered at the start paid less than $10k but those that ordered once they arrived paid $16k. I think :)

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2016, 08:52:11 AM »
You are right Brett. From my understanding, those that ordered at the start paid less than $10k but those that ordered once they arrived paid $16k. I think :)

Great buy for 10k just a beautiful machine :) by memory the 16k game was air freighted in so maybe that's why it was sold at a premium(I could be wrong) wish I'd got in at 10k.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2016, 12:10:52 PM »
Not all Jap machines have metal Taito plates fixed to the headbox.
In fact of the 3 containers I saw from Japan, only a third had the Taito plate affixed on the headbox or cabinet.
A lot had a plate on the coindoor only.

A Jap import machine is usually as good as any HUO game from the U.S. Or Europe any day of the week.
If anyone ever gets offered anything pinball from Japan, go for it cause they are usually minty and low usage.
It's also very rare anyone ever gets to convince a Japaneese operator to part with their machines. You would normally have had a lengthy long term friendship in order to make such a deal. My friend had such a relationship & I was so lucky to see the great machines he imported.
I doubt I will ever see another Japaneese container again.

It would be good if anyone could list the current cash price to buy a MMadness Remake.
Does anyone in Oz hold any stock of these ?

« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 12:14:45 PM by Caveoftreasures »

Offline pinsanity

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2016, 02:17:59 PM »
In the context of MM which is what this thread is about -

"All of those Jap import machines had a redundant aftermarket metal Taito badge screwed into the side of the headbox"

They ALL got sent to Japan at the same time and they ALL had the metal plate affixed to the headbox in the same location.

A picture trumps a thousand words of internet huff and puff.

Much like cash transcends relationships even amongst the Japanese (no double e) as I found out quite easily.

Domo Arigato.

Offline Dluth

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2016, 02:48:20 PM »
All of the Limited Editions are sold in Australia and there will be Standard Editions available later in the year. Currently they are price at $13,000 but it would depend where the AUD/USD rate is at the time.

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2016, 03:14:45 PM »

Those that decide to grab the Medieval Madness remake, best of luck - I can appreciate why you would. To this day one of the greats, and probably will stay top ten for a long time to come (if not No. 1). Simply a brilliant game. Even has complete code, which for coming off the Stern line, is excellent!   :lol

Last year I bought an unmolested Aussie delivered original MM for well under $10K. They are around. This was not a special deal, or knowing someone - it was off ebay.

These new games are remakes - refakes is a term that has been used to describe the creation of an MM from a different game of that era -  usually NBA Fastbreak. The term is used politely when a hobbyist does this. Maybe less so if done by a dealer......

Unfortunately, there are  a lot of issues with the remake that don't appeal to all. I personally do not like the electronics, and wonder how robust they will prove to be. Then there is the damage done on a lot from slings being in the wrong place, and the issue with ink quality on inserts such that the words cannot be read when the lamp is on...Quality issues now hopefully being sorted. Surprising given they are coming off the line of a long time manufacturer, and with a  20 year old design.

But with the desirability of this title, and the lack of supply which was pushing the prices to ridiculous levels, I for one am really happy that the remake will give more collectors access to the game, although the price is pretty high as noted.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2016, 03:30:48 PM »
In the context of MM which is what this thread is about -

"All of those Jap import machines had a redundant aftermarket metal Taito badge screwed into the side of the headbox"

They ALL got sent to Japan at the same time and they ALL had the metal plate affixed to the headbox in the same location.

A picture trumps a thousand words of internet huff and puff.

Much like cash transcends relationships even amongst the Japanese (no double e) as I found out quite easily.

Domo Arigato.

You are not correct about what you have stated because

1. You were not present when ALL machines got sent to Japan so u cannot say what or what wasn't done to every machine !
2. You didn't watch the various machines coming out of the containers like I did !

I don't understand how you can make such factual statements when u were not even there.
But u believe whatever you want to make up.

Not every Japaneese pinball has a metal plate stuck to the headbox.
There are many companies in Japan & many people to buy machines off if u are lucky enough to have such contacts.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2016, 03:35:05 PM »

Those that decide to grab the Medieval Madness remake, best of luck - I can appreciate why you would. To this day one of the greats, and probably will stay top ten for a long time to come (if not No. 1). Simply a brilliant game. Even has complete code, which for coming off the Stern line, is excellent!   :lol

Last year I bought an unmolested Aussie delivered original MM for well under $10K. They are around. This was not a special deal, or knowing someone - it was off ebay.

These new games are remakes - refakes is a term that has been used to describe the creation of an MM from a different game of that era -  usually NBA Fastbreak. The term is used politely when a hobbyist does this. Maybe less so if done by a dealer......

Unfortunately, there are  a lot of issues with the remake that don't appeal to all. I personally do not like the electronics, and wonder how robust they will prove to be. Then there is the damage done on a lot from slings being in the wrong place, and the issue with ink quality on inserts such that the words cannot be read when the lamp is on...Quality issues now hopefully being sorted. Surprising given they are coming off the line of a long time manufacturer, and with a  20 year old design.

But with the desirability of this title, and the lack of supply which was pushing the prices to ridiculous levels, I for one am really happy that the remake will give more collectors access to the game, although the price is pretty high as noted.

Excellent feedback.
I don't understand when Planetary/Chicago Gaming sourced their own playfields, why they didn't see the ink issues.
I have read Stern only assembled parts that were provided to them & everything was supplied incl playfields that came from a company that is not who Stern uses.  I think there is something In the PinballNews article about this from memory.

It would be good to see the MM remakes come down in price.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 03:37:16 PM by Caveoftreasures »