Author Topic: 1st time e-bay sellers beware  (Read 2725 times)

Offline illawarra_steelers

• Read-Only
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra, NSW
Re: 1st time e-bay sellers beware
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2009, 08:43:20 AM »
As a regular seller, i find the ONLY start price i'll ever use is THE price i want for it if someone was going to hand me the cash right there & then (when placing the ad).

If you get only 1 bid, you're happy.
If you get more bids, that's just icing on the cake.

You hit the nail on the head Marty  *%*

Offline shansta

• Forum Posts:
  • Vic...
  • I want to migrate... To Qld...
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2009, 08:54:44 AM »
thanks for the encouragement tony.you can keep your job,it sucks.good luck,pins seem to be droping in price

The aussie dollar might be a factor there?

I payed $1800 for a POS Party Zone 5 months ago (From Tony)... Was what it was worth at the time BTW.

Would I get that now? No way - too many nicer pins out there that will command dollars. (Remember - it's only a bit older than TAF)

(Hi Mr PinballShed BTW - nice to see you on here!)
Why is it called PMS?
Because "Mad Cow Disease" was already taken...

Offline blue95

• Forum Posts:
  • Hunter Valley
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2009, 11:41:08 PM »
The rise in the dollar means a machine bought over when it was low may now be worth less than what is was paid for, just like all commodities.

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2009, 11:26:49 AM »
Some times a rare pin doesn't get much interest because not many people have played it, (maybe it's not the case with this title).
like when a company started a run of a pin and was bought out by another company which didn't continue making it.

but some times rare means big bucks, just look at Big Bang Bar, they are rare and worth Big Bucks
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2009, 01:07:55 PM »
Xmas time isn't a good time to expect top dollar for pinball machines, especially those of us who have mortgages and kids, with the banks raising interest rates 3 times recently, means that demand is limited/lower.

Who knows what next year will bring?????????     
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Marty Machine

« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2009, 01:08:59 PM »
just look at Big Bang Bar, they are rare and worth Big Bucks

A pin is only worth what a buyer will pay for it, and even then, it only means that one pin alone was worth that much to that buyer alone, it's definately no guage of what ALL those machines should go for.

A $20k machine may sit in a store for yonks, then drop to $15k, then drop to $12k, $10k then $7k and someone buys it.
That machine was worth $7k, not $20k.

Sadly a guy with pockets full of cash walks in and pays $15-20k for a machine...didn't mean the machine was worth it., just meant a fool and his money are soon parted  %$%

just my 2cents.
MM.

Offline beaky

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2009, 04:25:00 PM »
I will refrase my statement Big Bang Bar is a rare pin and some people who want one a willing to pay Big bucks for one.

if a person wants a certain pin that is rare or common and he knows that it will be hard to find another one in great condition and has bucket loads of money doesn't necessarily make him a fool.
Just like the fellow who buys a XY GT Phase 3 Falcon, he could have bought a brand new 2009 falcon for a fraction of the price, he is not a fool he just has loads of cash and wants a certain car that is no longer made.

This is a debate that warrants its own thread.  &&

http://aussiepinball.com/index.php?topic=3542.0

LOL

« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 05:35:17 PM by beaky »
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Marty Machine

« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2009, 05:51:59 PM »
LOL

Troublemaker  !*!

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2009, 07:31:52 PM »
No second hand pin is worth more than 5k.
New pins cost 7k, so 5k second hand is top dollar.

Offline Pintoxicated

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2009, 07:55:16 PM »

But can you compare the the two?  I know where you are coming from but I would rather an older Wms machine than most of the new machines.  I still don't go over $2000 for a machine though if and where possible.  

Studley, for what it's worth I reckon you did pretty well with your auction, you win some, you win a bit bigger on others.  Main thing is you didn't do your arse on the machine and as you said, enjoyed the machine for a year.....if that had of been a new car, you would have lost big time.

Hey Greg....you coming down for my meet in April?  I have this very very cool machine that I know you would love....I don't know if you have heard of it, it's called Whitewater.   #@#
Addicted to pins.

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2009, 08:01:01 PM »

Keep that in mind when you are out looking for a Medieval Madness or Monster Bash.  <.>

Marty Machine

« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2009, 08:18:17 PM »
Keep that in mind when you are out looking for a Medieval Madness or Monster Bash.  <.>

A day will come when pin-user forums will start bagging MM & MB a lot more, and the price won't be so fetchy anymore.
Should be $3-4k each, they do nothing more than all the other $3-4k pins.......it's the damn HYPE that everyone's paying for...

MM.

Offline Pintoxicated

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2009, 08:25:48 PM »

A day will come when pin-user forums will start bagging MM & MB a lot more, and the price won't be so fetchy anymore.
Should be $3-4k each, they do nothing more than all the other $3-4k pins.......it's the damn HYPE that everyone's paying for...

MM.

Couldn't agree more, MB is one of the best looking machines ever but that is about where it ends I am afraid.  I got bored very quickly and walked away half way through a game.  Zzzzzzz Zzzzzzz
Addicted to pins.

Offline johnny

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2009, 09:19:32 PM »

MM.

Its all about supply & demand, pinball's will be alot cheaper in coming months, a buyers market for now, but I don't think you will see the above pins drop that low maybe 6-6.5K

Offline beaky

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2009, 09:34:54 PM »
LOL

Troublemaker  !*!
come on now, just putting in my 20 cents worth. LOL
and as far as a being a troublemaker, well guilty as charged, no actually I WAS FRAMED  @@*