Author Topic: GODZILLA - 1998 SEGA  (Read 1255 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: GODZILLA - 1998 SEGA
« on: April 14, 2012, 06:27:20 PM »
I think the movie was popular with kids, but not so great for adults. I looked it up on wikipedia and it cost 130 million to make, took apx $140 million in domestic USA sales, then sold apx $245 million of sales internationally. It made money and was a success in that department, but a giant Lizard running around New York and a remake of the 1954 original was always going to be a little bit of a stretch for adults.lol

The pinny stays faithful to the 1998 movie so in that department, Sega did a really great job. X-Files as u mention, is a great pinball machine. I will do a review of that one as well since I am very familiar with all Sega titles.

One thing I have found out, after going on a few Japaneese arcade sites, is that the GODZILLA Pinball Machine is extremely popular over in Japan and is a collectors item that no-one lets go from their collections apparerntly. You dont see them come up for sale much in the USA either, given only 500 were made.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !