Author Topic: Colour matching question Jungle Queen Cabinet please?  (Read 230 times)

Offline JD

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Maitland NSW
  • There's no law against having fun, just yet!
Colour matching question Jungle Queen Cabinet please?
« on: April 04, 2010, 06:20:01 PM »
I have been through 3 books of car colour matching examples for enamel paints looking for the orange and cream colours on my Jungle Queen cabinet to no avail.

Also been to Bunnings and got the orange / yellow cards but different again.
I do not have any colour matching charts that explore orange in any detail.
Has anyone repainted the Jungle Queen cabinet in the past and know the colours or got any ideas on how I can make this easier than it appears?

Any assistamce or direction would be greatly appreciated.

J.D.

There is no law against having fun just yet (but I am sure they are busy are drafting one!)

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
When you paint the whole cabinet JD it really doesnt matter just any color close looks great.  And teh cream would have originally been white so try an antique white  ^^^

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
Under the lock down bar and under the legs will be a true representation of the base white colour.

If you want to restore this machine to ORIGINAL then you really need to match your colours.

On a pinball - there is no such colour as WHITE... it might look white, but it isnt, it will be a VERY light shade of yellow or red or blue. The linseed finish applied over the top makes it turn a deeper yellow, but underneath is an OFF WHITE.

JD.. if you can get some of the paint off.... a tiny amount is all thats needed - say 3mm or bigger of the OFF white, orange AND the black ( black aint always black either, there is HARD black and SOFT black) and post them to me I will match the colours straight away for you and supply the codes... you can walk into any paint shop and have them mixed on the spot.
 If you can supply a part of the base colour with the fleck on it.. ill tell you what this is also

Offline JD

• Forum Posts:
  • Maitland NSW
Under the lock down bar and under the legs will be a true representation of the base white colour.

If you want to restore this machine to ORIGINAL then you really need to match your colours.

On a pinball - there is no such colour as WHITE... it might look white, but it isnt, it will be a VERY light shade of yellow or red or blue. The linseed finish applied over the top makes it turn a deeper yellow, but underneath is an OFF WHITE.

JD.. if you can get some of the paint off.... a tiny amount is all thats needed - say 3mm or bigger of the OFF white, orange AND the black ( black aint always black either, there is HARD black and SOFT black) and post them to me I will match the colours straight away for you and supply the codes... you can walk into any paint shop and have them mixed on the spot.
 If you can supply a part of the base colour with the fleck on it.. ill tell you what this is also

Thanks Heaps. Will Do. Retropin. Thanks too Daniel got your point.

J.D.
There is no law against having fun just yet (but I am sure they are busy are drafting one!)

Offline millsy

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra
  • pinballaustralia.com
    • Pinball Australia
I use Dulux Antique White USA
pinballaustralia.com

Offline JD

• Forum Posts:
  • Maitland NSW
I use Dulux Antique White USA

Thanks Millsy

J.D.