Author Topic: AC/DC pinball  (Read 15447 times)

Offline Cow Corner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
Re: AC/DC pinball
« Reply #75 on: February 14, 2012, 10:02:20 AM »
I came across one yesterday and had a few games, of all the pinballs I have played it was certainly the most recent.
Didn't do much for me at all, but it is fast....not quite ironman fast but fast all the same. I found the game rules pretty easy..spent a few $$ and got quite a few replays in return...left a few in the game for another player/s. Now I have played it I stand by all the things I have said in regards to this pin.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #76 on: February 14, 2012, 07:32:03 PM »
Well done on the photos Elkor-Alish.  ^^^

It looks like a great night was had by all. I am glad u really enjoyed the machine. Thanks for sharing the photos and for letting us all in on a great night.  ^^^ ^^^

Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #77 on: February 14, 2012, 09:47:12 PM »
I came across one yesterday and had a few games, of all the pinballs I have played it was certainly the most recent.
Didn't do much for me at all, but it is fast....not quite ironman fast but fast all the same. I found the game rules pretty easy..spent a few $$ and got quite a few replays in return...left a few in the game for another player/s. Now I have played it I stand by all the things I have said in regards to this pin.

forgot to ask, CC where was this AC/DC machine sited at ?  !@#

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline RatBag

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Perth
« Reply #78 on: February 14, 2012, 09:55:04 PM »
Updated game code is available,more speech and DMD graphics,some bug fixes and tidied up some of the modes,its a big update took about 20 mins to install

Offline Replay

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #79 on: February 14, 2012, 11:49:35 PM »

thanks for the review and pics, new pin day is awesome, they're just starting to drop in QLD,,, yah!
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 12:44:57 PM by Replay »

Offline Replay

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #80 on: February 14, 2012, 11:55:31 PM »
[

forgot to ask,  where was this AC/DC machine sited at ?  !@#
[/quote]

one is at TimeZone Chermside in Brisbane according to another thread on AP
and there should be one in Surfers Timezone this week

Offline Replay

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #81 on: February 15, 2012, 12:11:29 PM »
TIMEZONE   CHERMSIDE  BRISBANE  QUEENSLAND

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #82 on: February 15, 2012, 04:01:09 PM »
Interesting thread  #@#

Offline Replay

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #83 on: February 15, 2012, 04:22:40 PM »
I'm pretty sure its the only one on site in SEQ, so was going with the odds. Apologies for any confusion.

And on a seperate note, TimeZone in Surfers Paradise may be getting theres this week or next.

Was contemplating a drive to North Brisbane, but I think I'll wait till one arrives in SP
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 04:30:29 PM by Replay »

Offline Greg

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
    • rtbb.com.au
« Reply #84 on: February 15, 2012, 04:23:59 PM »
Interesting thread  #@#

hope so, I just put a pizza on,  time to kick back  and watch the show
http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/
We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Timelord

• Forum Posts:
  • Perth
« Reply #85 on: February 15, 2012, 07:20:24 PM »
Those photos look like the boys were having a lot of fun. I've been a bit caught up with work but hope to get along in the next Monday or two.
He who laughs last......thinks slowest

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #86 on: February 15, 2012, 08:39:24 PM »

Thread has been cleaned up. Off Topic posts have been removed. Feel free to start another AC/DC thread OUTSIDE of the Sponsor's Section.

A reminder that we are happy for spirited debate - but play the ball not the man.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #87 on: February 15, 2012, 09:43:25 PM »
I'm pretty sure its the only one on site in SEQ, so was going with the odds. Apologies for any confusion.

And on a seperate note, TimeZone in Surfers Paradise may be getting theres this week or next.

Was contemplating a drive to North Brisbane, but I think I'll wait till one arrives in SP

apology accepted. best to state facts rather than just make things up.

On a positive note, does anyone have any information on the updating of the AC/DC Pro game code. I know Ratbag said above that the update did take a while etc, and I am interested in how the update was done, was there a USB stick with the game, or do u go to a Stern site and download an update to a USB stick then just plug that into the game.

Also its good to see that the guys interstate have alot of different Stern NIB games available for instant delivery. Could one of the guys who know Joe please add a list of what Stern games Joe has instock which will benefit any AP members looking for a NIB Stern.  ^^^

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #88 on: February 15, 2012, 09:49:59 PM »

apology accepted. best to state facts rather than just make things up.

On a positive note, does anyone have any information on the updating of the AC/DC Pro game code. I know Ratbag said above that the update did take a while etc, and I am interested in how the update was done, was there a USB stick with the game, or do u go to a Stern site and download an update to a USB stick then just plug that into the game.

Also its good to see that the guys interstate have alot of different Stern NIB games available for instant delivery. Could one of the guys who know Joe please add a list of what Stern games Joe has instock which will benefit any AP members looking for a NIB Stern.  ^^^

Hi Cavey

I don't know about the update of the game code for the new AC/DC but did my IM the other day - Stern release updates via their website and you simply download to your computer and then transfer to a usb (doesn't have to be a dedicated Stern USB. From there in the manual and on their site details how to install the code and it's updated. The only setting to update is from coin play (default) to free play.

Here is the link to the game code library's with AC/DC already listed in there.

http://www.sternpinball.com/GAME-code.shtml#
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 09:51:55 PM by swinks »
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #89 on: February 15, 2012, 09:55:04 PM »
Swinksy, did u notice the differences on the game once u did the update, notice anything major straight away ?  how long did it take. ?

maybe Ratbag can update the thread and let us know about how the guys did the machine he was talking about and if he has a link on the Stern site anywhere. That would be great cause I am assumning that alot of AC/DC Pro owners would want to run that update the moment they open their game just incase its running older code. The roms shld have a sticker with the software version I am guessing ?  !@#