Author Topic: Att WH20 Owners  (Read 805 times)

Offline Wotto

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
WH20 Left Sling Return Art - getting closer
« on: January 14, 2009, 08:36:06 PM »
Bit of an update - I am back working on this ......

Now that my GI is working again on WH20 you will see 2 reasons why I want to put some art on the left return lane guide on WH20.

1) I just want it to look the same as the other side as it looks kinda bare
2) There are 2 globes in there that kind of blind your left eye's peripheral vision.

Now I could just take the globes out , but I think they will still show a bit of light down there even when I cover them up, otherwise it may look too dark.

To give you an idea of the globes and thier brightness - see the next 2 shots

Now heres an idea from the players view

Neither photo shows it as bright as it really is, I am unure if any other WH20 owners here feel the same?

Anyway - I am going to cover mine.

I was not going to use perspex  , I was originally just going to stick the print to the metal , but I decided to use perspex tonight. I only have a bit of 2.5mm perspex here at home so I am using that as you shouldnt notice the 'height' of it in this spot anyway ( I would normally use 1mm or 2mm somewhere like this ) so the plan is to stick the print to the perspex and then hold the perspex in place with the screws that hold the guide into the PF normally ( might need longer ? - will know when I attempt to re-install ) - anyway - heres the rough first cut.

And just for you Marty J - here is a nasty B/W el-cheapo test print sitting on it all , so I know I am getting my sizes and shape correct.

So - here it is a few hours later - all done.
You dont notice it much so thats a good sign.

Heres a close up of the area - comparable to the last pics I posted where the bulbs were burning bright.

And now- here is the players view after this was installed

The blue is not a perfect match but its OK - I have spent weeks trying to get this blue right , I eventually got the colour PERFECT by using a Pantone Colour Chart and matching the exact Pantone colour ( 287c ) in Photoshop. I printed a crappy colour version on standard A4 paper- perfect. So then I print on Premium Photo card and set my printer to its best print settings ............and the colour goes off ( Good luck Marty J ! ) I HATE colour matching.......anyway - it is close enough.

And I had to cut the post down that holds Insanity Falls ramp up at the bottm by the thickness of the perspex, have played some test games and it works fine.

« Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 10:27:12 PM by Wotto »
DW Drums rule !