Author Topic: Heighway Pinball - Full Throttle (Motorbike racing theme)  (Read 80817 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
the mid playfield LCD looks good though.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline HeighwayPinball

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Hi guys,

Sorry I have been away for a while, but thanks for all the comments.

Please don't jump to conclusions about prices as they should be a lot lower than discussed here. I would expect prices to be around AUS $7,000-7,500 + taxes and delivery (within Australia) - but I am waiting for clarification on import duties before we can confirm prices

We are finalising our distribution in Australia and will announce everything here shortly.

All comments here are read and we welcome any feedback that can help us make our games better

Thanks,

Andrew

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
Great theme, however I think the landed AU price and overall art package lets this game down  !@#
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline Cursed

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Tasmania

We are finalising our distribution in Australia and will announce everything here shortly.

Thanks Andrew. Will wait till i see proper pricing, and a gameplay vid with all the toys included.

Great theme, however I think the landed AU price and overall art package lets this game down  !@#

Have to agree with this statemement, price i guess we will wait and see. But the art on the cab and translite is a bit simple for my tastes, again though will hold judgement until a finished product is announced.

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
a little update from Andrew

"It has been a quiet few weeks but there has been plenty going on at Heighway Pinball.

The main news is that we have listened to the public and are creating a new translite and side decal package. The existing artwork package will still be available but the new package will be the primary one. We are hoping to release this at the end of May.

We are also looking at updating the cabinet and backbox design to make it look more "modern"

We will have more updates shortly

Andrew"
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline PinballMagazine

• Forum Posts:
  • www.pinball-magazine.com
    • Pinball Magazine
Looking forward to play the prototype this weekend at the UK pinball party :)
Managing editor of Pinball Magazine: www.pinball-magazine.com

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
new cab art looks good

for pinball t-shirts

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
a visitor of the UK pinball posted a image of what the cabinet will be like, not sure LE or every cabinet but looks good, just hope it doesn't lose too much strength

for pinball t-shirts

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
From the UK Pinball Party the graphics have changed and look better but dare say there will still be a few changes, Below is a old graphics and new graphics with the side panels side lit

for pinball t-shirts

Offline skywalker

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
The pin look great, all the best to the new guys ()

Art work graphics are Woeful & Crapola in today's age should be Eye Poping, WTF WIK,  ^^^

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
Andrew has stated:

Aside from Full Throttle, we have 6 games in various stages of development

Our business model requires us to release 3 games a year - and these will be a mixture of licensed and unlicensed themes

for pinball t-shirts

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
Heighway have a forum linked on their website and in one of the threads is some information for Full Throttle, translite art, cabinet art, rgb lighting

the lcd looks great  ^^^

for pinball t-shirts

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
here is a view of their cabinet which looks unique but very good and the translite has the speakers incorporated in it

I think this looks great, well done Heighway  ^^^

for pinball t-shirts

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
Looks very cool  ()

Offline PinballMagazine

• Forum Posts:
  • www.pinball-magazine.com
    • Pinball Magazine
I played a couple of games on the new prototype playfield of Full Throttle last weekend. The flow is still there, but the game had some issues. When the game was placed in the main gameroom on Sunday it had a note on it asking for feedback. I wrote down at least half a page of suggestions, which I had already discussed with the designer of the game saturday afternoon. I'm glad he was open and receptive to my suggestions. Most of these are easy to implement, nothing major, but they may very well result in a more interesting game. I even suggested a cool Cage of Death toy for the game that would fit in very nicely with the theme. Not sure if that will make it into the game, as it may be too expensive for what it will add, but still :)

The vertical supercharger, which was pictured in flyers, is no longer in the game and nobody seemed to miss it. I never understood why it was in the game, and I fear the development of it only slowed the project down.

The display in the playfield is nice, but was not very helpful for the player at the moment. E.G: in order to qualify to start a mode you need to spell R-A-C-E in the in-/outlanes. But that had to be told to me. So once I had R-A-C-E spelled the lights stayed on and I had no clue what to do next. That should be easy to explain on the display with a special screen, but it was not present last weekend.

Still, for a prototype a fun playfield to play which should be a good sign. Good luck guys!
Managing editor of Pinball Magazine: www.pinball-magazine.com