Author Topic: Meet at Nug's Place soon - and what a game!!  (Read 729 times)

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
Meet at Nug's Place soon - and what a game!!
« on: November 11, 2011, 10:59:00 AM »
Was over at Nug's last night helping load a game a member bought. The game sold was Mystery Castle (bloody bargain price too) and the talk turned to one of their other games - Alvin G Soccer Ball. Nug has two of these, bought both non-working and has one fully running, and in all these years it was hard to believe we had never fired the working one up.

So after the sold game was off, we fired one up. Nug hadn't turned it on in 3 years - says something for Alvin G games that it fired up and played right from the word go.

For anyone not familiar with this game, this is a head-to-head game, and the flippers have a built in switch mechanism that means that while it's a head-to-head game, it can be played by one person - the computer plays the other side, and it's **very** effective. I always wondered how well those switches would do the job, and was really surprised.

But the real fun is two player. Extremely good fun, and really brings out the ability to compete against another player, but not just for score.

To be honest I was really blown away by how much fun this game is when playing head to head. Anyway, we agreed it would be a good excuse for a meet in the near future, so some of us can give this a go.

“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: Meet at Nug's Place soon - and what a game!!
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2011, 11:15:59 AM »

Always wanted to play one of these - I think Dave (Silverball) had one for sale on eBay recently.

Count me in on the next Geelong meet  :D
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2011, 11:23:36 AM »
Always been interested in these head to head machine count me in if I'm not busy.    Be good to catch up and see coconut island finally

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2011, 01:31:13 PM »

Always wanted to play one of these - I think Dave (Silverball) had one for sale on eBay recently.

Always been interested in these head to head machine count me in if I'm not busy.    Be good to catch up and see coconut island finally

Will do.  #*#
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2011, 05:58:09 PM »

Yep, he does.

Is definitely a great machine to have in the collection if you have regular meets or comp nights amongst family members.

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2011, 08:04:38 PM »
I'm there, for sure  *%*  I saw the flipper football at Nugs last time, I have always wondered what it would play like heads up and single player.  Very interesting game