Author Topic: My collection  (Read 6076 times)

Offline Creech

• Forum Founder
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
Re: My collection
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2008, 10:09:21 PM »
Cool. Just bought myself the KISS Symphony DVD off eBay for Christmas!

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2008, 10:11:45 PM »
Those KISS cards must be part of a newer series ?

I have the sets from the early 80's.. I must admit, I didn't know about the newer sets.. Great pictures thought.

I'm not a huge fan of Tommy Thayer - Ace was always my idol. But I did spend an hour with Gene and Paul on the "Kiss my Ass" tour.. Not the arrogant "Rock Stars" as depicted by journalists..
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Strangeways

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2008, 10:13:03 PM »

Buy "Kissology 1" - The best music DVD set EVER !

Offline The pinballist formally known as Dean Morgan

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Berwick Vic
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2008, 10:18:40 PM »
Count me in as another Kiss fan.  I went to the original concert at Waverly Park all them years ago.  Have seen them a couple of times since the reunion.  Love unplugged great album.  Have some videos, original LPs of Hotter then Hell, Rock n roll all night, Dynasty, UNmasked, Alive, and about five - six others (names escape me).
Im a Gottlieb Man - System 1 & 80 Rock

Offline Creech

• Forum Founder
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2008, 10:27:16 PM »

Buy "Kissology 1" - The best music DVD set EVER !
Yep I saw that one too. Might have to be next!

Offline Strangeways

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2008, 11:51:08 PM »

Let's Digress !

There are plenty of really great KISS DVD's out there these days. The KISSOLOGY DVDs are the best - hands down. "Second Coming" is REALLY good as well...

I missed the 1980 concert, but I've traveled Australia and seen them 24 times since the "Kiss My Ass" Tour.

The First Reunion show in Melbourne and the Third Farewell Show in Melbourne were the best live shows I've ever seen - and I've seen Cheap Trick to Pink Floyd to Bon Jovi to U2 to the Stones to Iron Maiden

The Third Reunion Show was really special as mid way through the set, Ace Frehley basically played an "impromptu" mini set including "Rocket Ride" and "Mr speed".. Gene could not play a note.. Just shows you who was the real musician in KISS..

Ultimate live band of all time.

Offline Creech

• Forum Founder
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2008, 12:17:11 AM »
Ace was a legend and you're right - the musician of the band. Paul and Gene were the brains and quite possibly the smartest businessmen ever to form a band. The whole thing they invented, the look, the sound - pure genius and master stroke.

$%$ to Paul/Gene

Offline Strangeways

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2008, 11:51:09 AM »
Ace was a legend and you're right - the musician of the band. Paul and Gene were the brains and quite possibly the smartest businessmen ever to form a band. The whole thing they invented, the look, the sound - pure genius and master stroke.

$%$ to Paul/Gene

Definitely the case..I was lucky enough to meet them (personal meeting) on the "Kiss My Ass" tour, and they are not the arrogant "Rock Stars" that typifies the scene. There was no such thing as Rock "marketing" or "merchandise" in 1973.. They basically invented it and no one has even come close. I once owned 76 KISS T Shirts, and I still have a T-Shirt from the FIRST TOUR in 1974. It is the rarest KISS T-Shirt by a mile.

"MERRY KISSMAS".. I've still got the Poster of the band with Christmas hats on.. ^^^

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2009, 05:15:07 PM »
Im a fan of KISS from way back. It was them who made me want to play guitar (1978), be in a band and pick up women :lol . To this day i still play in bands. Yepp - Ace was definitely the best musician in the band, and  to this day is still one of my heroes. Gene and Paul are great song writers but only average musicians.. sorry i dont mean to offend anyone thats just my own opinion. They're still the greatest in my book! especially the original lineup of the band.  *%* $%$

And im still hoping to find my OWN KISS machine one day. 16 yrs ago i missed out on one i could've had for $370  !!! An arcade in Laurieton NSW had it, i used to drive there to play it. one time i went there and it was goooone!! It was when i asked the arcade owner about it that he told me how much he sold it for. I never even knew it was being sold off. @.@

Oh btw, SWEEEEET collection ^^^
« Last Edit: January 02, 2009, 05:25:47 PM by Mr Pinbologist »

Offline wicked

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2009, 11:36:52 PM »
Wow, wow and wow...
Absolutely sensational...
Well done...

Cheers.
Wicked

Marty Machine

« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2009, 12:01:05 AM »
This seems to be more of a Kiss thread than a pinball thread...... :lol

Here's my 2cents worth....

If you saw Kiss on the "Footy Show" last year before their Melb concert, and what a dismal lack-lustre performance it was on the Footy show, i can safely say the guys were totally shagged and dis-interested in being there.
After appearing on TV/Radio for 30+ years they really didnt give 2 shytes about that performance.

Funnily enough, backstage, Gene & Paul had their own seperate changerooms, where the crew had to place adhesive 'footsteps' and 'arrows' on the ground with "Gene" & "Paul" written on them, so the guys could follow them back to their rooms, i thought this was odd, since their rooms were down a 10 metre hallway, and around 1 corner, not hard to forget  :lol hahahahaha.

I was called to Pauls room to adjust the undo the locknut on his guitar, cos his local guitar tech didnt bring enough stuff along as it was all out at the main-concert setup.
Paul was changing a busted string and i was called upon to find an allen-key to suit, and play with his axe while his guitar tech dealt with Gene.

Sadly for you lot, i'm no Kiss fan, so for me it was "just another guitarist" to deal with hehehehehehe.
I guess you all know where i work now  :lol  :D

Now, is it just me?, or does Paul have THE POOFIEST voice in the world? do ya think he's gonna come-out one day??????? i  wait for the headlines one day and i know i'll say to myself "I Knew it!!!"

Sorry if i'm shattering idols   !*!

MM.

Offline Strangeways

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2009, 12:14:54 AM »
This seems to be more of a Kiss thread than a pinball thread...... :lol

Here's my 2cents worth....

If you saw Kiss on the "Footy Show" last year before their Melb concert, and what a dismal lack-lustre performance it was on the Footy show, i can safely say the guys were totally shagged and dis-interested in being there.
After appearing on TV/Radio for 30+ years they really didnt give 2 shytes about that performance.

Funnily enough, backstage, Gene & Paul had their own seperate changerooms, where the crew had to place adhesive 'footsteps' and 'arrows' on the ground with "Gene" & "Paul" written on them, so the guys could follow them back to their rooms, i thought this was odd, since their rooms were down a 10 metre hallway, and around 1 corner, not hard to forget  :lol hahahahaha.

I was called to Pauls room to adjust the undo the locknut on his guitar, cos his local guitar tech didnt bring enough stuff along as it was all out at the main-concert setup.
Paul was changing a busted string and i was called upon to find an allen-key to suit, and play with his axe while his guitar tech dealt with Gene.

Sadly for you lot, i'm no Kiss fan, so for me it was "just another guitarist" to deal with hehehehehehe.
I guess you all know where i work now  :lol  :D

Now, is it just me?, or does Paul have THE POOFIEST voice in the world? do ya think he's gonna come-out one day??????? i  wait for the headlines one day and i know i'll say to myself "I Knew it!!!"

Sorry if i'm shattering idols   !*!

MM.

Marty - with all the "stories" going around, this is fairly typical.. Their Footy Show performance was terrible, but from what I've heard, their concert performances were excellent.. No I didn't go, and I won't go to another KISS show, as it is more of a "nostalgia" show with the same tired old setlist, and Ace was always the cornerstone of KISS and he is not there.. Unfortunately, they are a Tribute band thesedays.. Better off rehiring Bruce Kulick and stripping the makeup off until the FINAL shows with Ace and Peter..

Offline Creech

• Forum Founder
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2009, 12:29:39 AM »
Marty - with all the "stories" going around, this is fairly typical.. Their Footy Show performance was terrible, but from what I've heard, their concert performances were excellent.. No I didn't go, and I won't go to another KISS show, as it is more of a "nostalgia" show with the same tired old setlist, and Ace was always the cornerstone of KISS and he is not there.. Unfortunately, they are a Tribute band thesedays.. Better off rehiring Bruce Kulick and stripping the makeup off until the FINAL shows with Ace and Peter..

Unfortunately, I think you're spot on Nino. I just bought the KISS Symphony DVD and whilst I enjoyed it, I felt it was missing that edge that they had in the early days plus with no Ace, something was missing.  !!! I'm getting Kissology Vol 1 so I can re-live the glory days.

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2009, 12:34:58 AM »
 $%$ $%$ HALLELUYAH!!!!!!

I cant bloody stand KISS!!! could never own the machine, awesome game play but i could not stand to look at the thing - i just dont get it.

KISS were well, considered lame in my day - what happened to the MOTORHEAD pinball??? or maybe HAWKWIND?

I know KISS are big in Australia - this forum proves it, but the pin WILL NEVER be on my want to buy list.

Just to add to the previous post, i used to do a bit of roadying  WAAAAAAY back in early 80's - worked for a few bands including Hawkwind, got the sack and no more work the day i dropped a piano on myself down some stairs working for prefab sprout - another lame band. But i did get to sit at a table  with Iggy pop once and eat a cheese sandwich whilst delivering guitar springs for another band. LOL - i was so awe struck i couldnt speak - Iggy kept giggling at me! - Funny days. Bloody hell, i was 19 and stupid ( some things dont change eh?) pint of cider and a bit of blow and id work all bloody night!

Offline wicked

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2009, 12:47:59 AM »
Hey All...
Each to there own guys.
You're never going to be liked or loved by everyone.

This forum is great... and if anyone has any info on the Kiss machine, it would be appreciated...

Thanks.

Wicked..