Author Topic: The adventure of your first pinball purchase.  (Read 5989 times)

Offline Cow Corner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
Re: The adventure of your first pinball purchase.
« on: August 30, 2011, 11:06:51 AM »
I looked hard and long in Brisbane for the right pin before making my first purchase.
I checked out all the local dealers and was going to buy a top end machine from the pinball warehouse until I found out that the work done does not match the prices asked for a shopped machine, imo these prices are majorly inflated. Plus the fact I was shooed off the premisies when my pin arrived for shopping without me inspecting put the wind up me big time.
I also looked at the pinball shed, prices are better but after a mate of mine bought a getaway off them that was supposedly shopped out, well it was anything but shopped and needed major work.
My first pin was a wh20 bought from Bumper and I was confident all would well, it arrived fine but was not the condition stated by the seller. I have since sold it and bought a much beter example for a much beter price.
I then bought a pin from a fringe dealer( ap memeber) in melb that was an absolute shiter.
My overall experince with dealers is very bittersweet and I would rather buy from another collector than a dealer chasin quick $$$. I don't trust dealers.
I have also bought a couple of pins off ozpinball and they have been good but a little over-priced, also had a mate buy a pin off him that turned out to be a real over-priced turd. Buyer beware I guess.
My 2 cents.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"