Author Topic: TEST BENCH DRAMAS  (Read 257 times)

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
TEST BENCH DRAMAS
« on: November 20, 2009, 08:16:43 PM »
Hi Guys.
             Just had my son come running telling me he was playing in the spare room and i should come quick.   Expecting to see a spider or something but when i open the doors the smoke poored through the house.   

WHAT THE F**K   

Id been toying with a few Led downlight testing how long i get out of a security battery when he picked up the led the aligator clips shorted out.

When he dropped it coz of the smoke he dropped it over my CRO leads and a bunch of Aligator leads on the shelf below so by the time i got there it was a big glowing smoking pile of spagetti.

Apart from the stuffed CRO leads theres no real damage the battery was fine the LED downlight were fine we will just have to live with that burning electrical smell for a few hours.    But could have been alot worse had it fallen on the Paper work for my test bench im building.

Things like this always remind you.

Kids are very curious so make sure you explain everything to them save them finding out the hard way
« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 08:18:33 PM by ddstoys »

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
Re: TEST BENCH DRAMAS
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2009, 08:22:46 PM »
cover the positive aligator clip so it only contacts when the cover is pushed back

Offline MrMaloo

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Cessnock NSW
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2009, 08:51:51 AM »
Wow . Close call mate . My kids are getting old enough to know not to play around in dad's shed but as a rule I make it off limits to them while I'm working on a pin or the car or anything . The only time I let mt youngest boy in is while I'm there as he's good at lending me a hand and pretty interested in what's "under the bonnet" of a pinny not just what's on top .

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2009, 12:43:20 PM »
Lucky you didn't reply "hang on son, give me 5 minutes" the outcome may have been a lot different
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2009, 12:46:33 PM »
Lucky you didn't reply "hang on son, give me 5 minutes" the outcome may have been a lot different

Yeah your right.