Author Topic: Hello from Jomac  (Read 2556 times)

Offline Jomac

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Hello from Jomac
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2009, 03:49:34 PM »
Hi Joey just curious to what pinball boards you repair, do you repair most boards or only a select few, please also advise of your hourly repair rates. thanks.

Basically anything that is repairable , I haven't come across many that cant be repaired apart from early system 80 gottliebs , 80% of pinball boards I repair on the bench without a test rig or machine needed , including display drivers , MPU boards , Sound boards , driver boards etc no matter what brand as long as parts are available , although I do have just about everything I need.
I can burn all Eproms , pals , gals , you name it , EG: just converted an old Fire power sound and speech board to 2716 eproms because 2516's are to old now , will fix an old FJ holden ( Hankin ) MPU tomorrow as well so old is ok :)
Talking of old I can make "any" electro mechanical pinball work as long as it is complete but of course Gottliebs are my favorite :)

As for cost , most people know it can cost more to fix some boards than they are worth so I rarely ever charge on an hourly basis , I consider the harder ones a challenge so I dont charge for my learning or fun :)
I will always tell you what I think it's going to cost before insulting you with a bill , I always prefer you were happy first and money later , a lot of people can vouch for me on that :)

Hi Jomac and  %)%

2716 eproms are identical to 2516 ,plug them straight in......so there is no converting :lol

Sorry mate it was nearly 4am when I posted that :), I meant converted from 2532 to 2732 , they are not the same pinouts