Author Topic: New AFM enhancement  (Read 2736 times)

Offline Gozzle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Berlin
    • My life with pinball
New AFM enhancement
« on: October 30, 2013, 01:14:00 AM »
Now available locally in Australia from PSPA: the GozMod enhancement for your AFM.

This modification enhances the actual AFM gameplay, as it subtly integrates with the gameplay:

The GozMod replaces the standard Motherhip PCB but uses bi-colour LEDs which, during normal play, light green, but at pre-determined times during gameplay change to red, such as when the Mothership is "hit". The result is a subtle "modification" which enhances the overall game play. To check the effect for yourself, I've produced a video showing a few examples:

The GozMod can be installed in just 5 minutes and requires no technical expertise, whatsoever.

A video showing the ease of installation can be found on the GozMod website at http://gozmod.gozzled.com where you can also find more information about the additional features of the GozMod board. I also include installation instructions with this post.

If you have any questions, comments or feedback, please post them here in the forum for me to respond to.

Have fun!

Goz

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Re: New AFM enhancement
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2013, 07:26:34 AM »
That's a very cool Mod just wish I owned an AFM

Offline Replay

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2013, 11:30:41 AM »
Pretty cool

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2013, 01:03:47 PM »

This modification enhances the actual AFM gameplay,

!@#

The video doesn't show any gameplay - it seems to be just another LED add on - how is gameplay affected? I would prefer it doesn't claim a gameplay enhancement if it does not.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Gozzle

• Forum Posts:
  • Berlin
    • My life with pinball
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2013, 10:17:48 PM »

The video doesn't show any gameplay - it seems to be just another LED add on - how is gameplay affected? I would prefer it doesn't claim a gameplay enhancement if it does not.

Hi Pinnies4me, you raise some interesting points, so I'll go through them:

"This video doesn't show any gameplay" - intersting. The 1 minute video is an extract from a 5 minute video of me playing my AFM (I'm not very good) and highlights two key areas of the gameplay (in my opinion): firstly when the mothership is hit (which you need to do quite a lot during a game in order to save the cities); secondly the start of multiball (which is needed in order to get a super jackpot which is required to "rule the universe". So if these two extracts don't show gameplay, what should I call it? I'm open to suggestions.

"it seems to be just another LED add on" - interesting. As the original mothership already has LEDs in it, it's not an LED add-on per se. It's also not an LED modification, as this would just (typically) change the colour of the LEDs. It uses bi-colour LEDs which change colour during the game and not randomly, but are tied in to the - dare I say it - gameplay

"how is gameplay affected" - this is exactly my point. Gameplay is NOT affected at all - just enhanced. With the GozMod, the Mothership looks ike it's exploding from within and not just shaking about. This enhances the visual impact - once again, in my opinion.

"I would prefer it doesn't claim a gameplay enhancement if it does not". So what would you call it, if it's not an enhancement - a "mod which changes the colour of the LEDs in accordance with the game's story without affecting gameplay" maybe?

Check out the web-site http://gozmod.gozzled.com for more information.

Keep the posts coming - all praise and criticisms greatly received!

Thanks again for your inputs.

Goz

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2013, 08:30:57 AM »

OK, since you ask, I would call this is a lightshow enhancement.

As gameplay is not changed at all it is not enhanced in any way. Perhaps the experience is enhanced with this lightshow add on, but the game plays exactly the same as previously.

“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”