Author Topic: New Member, Hi people  (Read 1225 times)

Offline RGR

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
New Member, Hi people
« on: August 30, 2010, 03:15:46 AM »
G'day everyone, RGR is my name.. hehe pinball name. I am originally from Melbourne but moved to Sydney 4 years ago. I used to play pinball ALOT back in the early 90's. In fact me along with Josh Holmes and Robert Macingtosh played so much we got thrown out of venues due to them not making any money. We played the majority of our games at Timezone in Bourke St. They were the first ones to get the prototypes from the US. Addams Family, Getaway and T2 were the games that we really started to play alot. We made friends with a guy names Cameron Silver who was a tech at timezone. He happened to get a job with Williams/Bally and helped design the game Scared Stiff. All 3 of us (Josh, Rob and Me) actually have our names in the attract mode.

We played everything that Williams/Bally made until they stopped making games. Stern has continued on but I have not played any of their latest stuff.. Nothing beats the old WMS games due to the humour that was part of their games. Gottlieb is better for firewood and Sega are not much better.

Apart from saying Hi, I was wondering where the *good* pinnies are in Syd. Courthouse has a good amount of games, but like most operators they are not looked after at all. One of the ways to knowing this when you press the credit button if there is a dot on the right side, that means there is a switch or part of the game that is not working.

Anyway nice to finally find this site, and I hope to meet some of you guys in the pubs or at any venues that may be holding pinball tournaments. Laters.

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Re: New Member, Hi people
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2010, 06:16:46 AM »
Welcome to Aussie Pinball you should have plenty of interesting reading while your here

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2010, 08:11:38 AM »
Welcome Roger (my guess),

Interesting first post - should stir up some good discussion! Hope you enjoy the forum.

Offline faza

• Forum Posts:
  • Sydney
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2010, 08:14:46 AM »
Welcome  %)%

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2010, 08:32:31 AM »
Welcome RGR. Hope your quest for more venues is fruitful.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2010, 09:22:33 AM »

$.$ RGR and  %)% to Aussie Pinball !

Great intro post - enjoy the site.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2010, 11:15:28 AM »
 %)%

Offline Prince

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2010, 10:23:30 PM »
Welcome aboard.
Q - What are your favourite Williams/Bally DMD machines??

SC.
SC.

Offline RGR

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2010, 12:50:50 AM »
Not sure that I really have one favorite so I will list the ones that I like:

Star Trek the next generation:

Probably the most complete pinball ever made. Great for the novice and expert. Huge variety of shots, including orbit, ramp combos, great skill shots (only WMS have got these right). The modes are very well done, there is no advantage as per the order you need to complete them. The scoring is proportional. Some games the modes pay crap and the multiball pays too much, but not Star Trek. Playfield looks great and the sound is awesome. The video mode is also good.

Getaway:

Although the playfield is simple its a great game that anyone can play. The thing I like most about this game is the super jackpot. Easily the most dynamic, energizing super jackpot of any pinball. The light sequences are also great. A real adrenalin game.

Dracula:

This is an awesome game. I would never have put this game in a venue to make $$. It is too hard for the novice player. Great ramp shots and likely to be the best game for multiple multiball mode. Great sound, dotmatrix visuals and one of the few games that has a difficult shot to obtain extraball.

Twilight zone:

Similar to STTNG, this is a great game. I love multi level play fields and this is a game that I would say is tailored for the expert player. A very complicated playfield with some great shots to be had (between the jets on the left).

Black night 2000:

Prob the only old school game that I like. The music and voices in this game are awesome. Simple game but the play field lights and multi level playfield along with jackpot effects make this a great game to play. In fact check out the following link:

&feature=related

If I were to own pinballs, these would be the 1st ones that I would buy. I actually did own STTNG and World Cup Soccer, but these were only to make $$. I had them at Latrobe Uni and The old Champion pub on brunswick st.

Offline RGR

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2010, 12:59:07 AM »
Opps, wrong link:

&feature=watch_response

Offline Prince

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2010, 12:46:58 PM »
Star Trek the next generation:

Getaway:

Twilight zone:

3 x games i haven't played in a long long time.
SC.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2010, 11:00:04 PM »
I like the fact you like Star Trek Next Gen and Black Knight 2000 very much. I agree, I play both the most of my machines and they are always great fun.

Re the bit about SEGA'S being crappy like Gottliebs etc, NO WAY HOSAY ! LOL , You can come over anytime and play any of my dozen or more EXCELLENT SEGAS and I will be happy to change your mind BIG TIME.

Pinball machines are like girls, THEY ARE ALL FUN  ^^^  && && &&, but dont give up on the SEGAS so quickly cause they are a great affordable buy/purchase and can kick alot of the WILLIAMS machines butts big time any day of the week.  ^^^

Welcome aboard and there are alot of top blokes on this site.  ^^^  ^^^

Caveman  ^^^ ^^^ ^^^
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline RGR

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2010, 11:19:09 PM »
Hmmm name any good Segas? If you got some in good working condition then I may change my mind... I just find their modes/ multiballs boring. Infact I played CSI last night which is Stern and I was bored out of my mind... Poor sound and the same shots over and over...

Offline Prince

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2010, 11:22:14 PM »
You can come over anytime and play any of my dozen or more EXCELLENT SEGAS and I will be happy to change your mind BIG TIME.

I'll take you offer Brett and play Star Trek instead. The Griswolds are heading to the Gold Coast this weekend - holiday roarall.all.all....
Just make sure you QLD'ers pack those pet snakes away!!
SC.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2010, 11:32:25 PM »
visitors welcome anytime. just email.

snakes are all happy. all been fed big rats. lol

the 10 foot jungle python doesnt bite people much.lol  all tucked away n happy.

theres only apx 30 machines to play so visitors dont get bored.  ^^^
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !