Author Topic: 5 Person SPA/Jakoosy - Heated n Really Cool  (Read 1749 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
5 Person SPA/Jakoosy - Heated n Really Cool
« on: February 11, 2013, 12:45:32 AM »
Not Pinball but something really FUN.

My wife had a friend who rang her and said she had a 4 yr old Heated 5 person Spa/Jakoosy with a cover etc that they couldnt take to her new premises because it was too big to fit, so she offered it to us. They had bought it for 4 grand $$ about 4 yrs ago and it was in great working condition etc etc, so we went n had a look today.

Well, i am the proud owner of something i always wanted but never got around to buying, a super huge heated SPA/Jakoosy which is insane it bubbles n goes really hard when it is turned on etc. It has a underwater light, somewhere to put your drinks etc. The kids will love it, my 3 yr old son thought it was cool, and my 12 yr old daughter doesnt know its coming, but she will be wrapped. It heats water to 42 degrees and is a Sundance model 5 seater.

The total cost.......$500 because we are friends. How cool. They have run out of time, have to move this next few days, didnt get a previous sale at $2500 so they just had to get rid of it.

I plan on putting it in my dbl garage inbetween pinball machines etc. I will add a new large screen out to the garage, and away we go. Shld be fun.
I will take a photo once I get it home to my place these next 3 or so days. I am sure other members have one as well, but this was a bargain and i am looking forward to my new found luck.lol  Bubble bubble....Ahhhhhhh.lol

and no, i wont be jetski-ing in it either.lol
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline RottyGuy

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Forum Posts:
  • QLD
Re: 5 Person SPA/Jakoosy - Heated n Really Cool
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 01:04:58 AM »
Sounds great. I've always wanted one of those. What a bargain you picked up.

Offline Cow Corner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 09:23:08 AM »
Jakoosy...wtf is a jakoosy?
Oh you mean a jacuzzi.

:lol
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 09:27:45 AM by Cow Corner »
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline howzat

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2013, 09:18:32 PM »
 Hi Cavey  That is really cheap   as it worth more than that    Buy them a cartoon as well :lol

I have 1 and luv it      It sit beside the pool     and is set between 36-37    degrees       One thing I would recommend is to buy 2 packs off white batts     white has no itch   not yellow and line the inside of the cab   to insulate     This will help your electricity bill.

If poss try to put it outside as the pins wont like condensation   also we sit in at night a look for space junk -- satellites    there is a lot out there

There is not much better than a beer at night or a cuppa in the morning  while having a spa        Enjoy          Howzat

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2013, 01:01:52 AM »
thanks mate for the info. 
yeh i think u are definately correct about the condensation with the pinnys in the garage. the wife finally got sick of all the pinnys in the house and i have 25 on custom storage racks in the dbl garage and no where else to put them.  i still have a heap inside, but alot less than before now that over half have been relegated to the garage etc.  !!!
i didnt want to really put the new spa in there but i am unsure if i can get the spa down the side of the house to the rear undercover patio area. 
i was also a bit worried about the spa motor noise annoying the neighbours on that side of the house cause they have some bedrooms on that side of the house near there as well, so i thought the dbl garage, and it would hide the noise etc, so maybe i will have to wrap the stored machines in plastic, or relocate the spa elsewhere. nothing comes easy.lol   i wil take your advice re the thermostat and the insulation as well, thanks.great tip 4 sure.

soaking in the new toy will be fun for the kids and might mellow me out.lol   thanks again.

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline dendoc

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2013, 07:54:24 PM »
Looking forward to seeing it in action. Can you get some sort of exhaust in the roof the reduce the condensation? Put up some sort of warning light if you are in there nude so my eyes don't explode.   !@)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2013, 11:53:53 PM »
Looking forward to seeing it in action. Can you get some sort of exhaust in the roof the reduce the condensation? Put up some sort of warning light if you are in there nude so my eyes don't explode.   !@)

%.% %.% nudey run to the spa bath.lol  even my pinnys would blush if i got in nudey.  if the wife got in nudey, the pinnys would smile.lol

got 5 blokey friends helping lift it tomorrow.   tomorrow night will be jimbeam n coke on the rocks in a special crystal glass with the bubbles tickling my not naked body.lol  %.% %.%

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2013, 12:56:17 AM »
Finally got the spa bath to my house a few days back after some very heavy lifting etc.
Its in the garage for a very short time before its off to the back deck etc.
I heated it up, and have tested everything and who better to test it out for me than the love of my life, my 3 yr old son Hunter.

He thought it was alot of fun, and with the water hovering around a very hot 40 degrees, he loved it. I soon realised we needed to add a bit of cold water n fill her up a bit more.lol  The turbo mode (its got about 6 different settings) is full on, and the little fella thought it was just the best.

Our kids, are the best thing to ever happen to us.  I look at my young bloke having fun, and it makes me extremely happy.
I tried it out tonight and my 12 yr old daughter Maddi thought it was the best as well.
I have told the kids, no mucking up or no spa bath. Its working so far.lol

Anyway, a picture or 2 of Hunter having fun below >
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 01:06:46 AM by Caveoftreasures »

Offline howzat

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2013, 04:36:29 PM »
Hi Cavey
The spa looks good   you will have lots of relaxation in there

With your games. have you thought off puting them out  to earn a few $ or would you rather sell them, as storing them only takes up space     I guess if you lived on a property with lots of room and a large shed you could have a huge games room      Would nt that be nice     

You probably want to set temp around 36-37    as 40 will cook you     Howzat 

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2013, 05:24:48 PM »
I have used the spa each night since i set it up and we are enjoying it.

I took your advice Ian and set it up at 37 degrees, otherwise its burning hot. !*!

I used to have 40 pinball machines all set up inside the house, but the wife got the heeby jeebies in the end, and i turned the 2nd loungeroom area and the larger office area back into their original function (meaning no pinballs.lol)  I wouldnt site them, cause i would rather they stay safe, and i will just store them on the custom racks i had made and will keep a dozen or more still inside the house, and just rotate some out of the 25 stored ones from time to time. I will buy a farm with a huge shed/gamesroom down the track probably, and will have them all set up again. It used to be magic having them all set up and all the headboxes lit up etc.

There was a thread i did a year ago when i did the trophy/pinball bash thing, and there are some pictures of alot of the machines all set up around the property. I have since bought quite a few more machines since then, and also sold some, but i am still hovering around the 40 mark, with a few lent n set up at my brothers house as well.
The spa bath takes up alot of room as well. Why do all the good things in life take up sooo much dam space.lol

Offline RottyGuy

• Forum Posts:
  • QLD
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2013, 06:03:55 PM »
A house full of pinballs and now a spa inside  %.%  You must have a very understanding wife.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2013, 08:06:07 PM »
A house full of pinballs and now a spa inside  %.%  You must have a very understanding wife.

I kid you not, she wanted me to actually put it in the 2nd loungeroom so she could sit in the dam thing and watch her favourite TV shows without having to go outside or to the garage to get into it.
I considered it for about 1 minute before I decided that my 3 year old son Hnter would most definately throw the TV remotes, the IPad, the laptop and everything else he could get his hands on into the bubbling water in the first 5 minutes.lol  @.@ @.@

It would be like, have u seen my mobile phone ?......yeh, Hunter had it, check the bottom of the spa bath !  %.% %.%

The Bermuda Triangle Spa Bath, where things go to and are never seen again...... <..> <..>