Author Topic: All you Acca Dacca fans  (Read 1164 times)

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
All you Acca Dacca fans
« on: February 25, 2010, 09:45:12 PM »
Just went out on the back deck for some nice cool air, ACDC concert is some 10klms away and yet i can hear it... now when i saw them in 81, half of those Marshall stacks were just for show.... seems they may have put some guts in them..

....Good to know the old rockers still go hard!

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
Re: All you Acca Dacca fans
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2010, 10:15:10 PM »
I remember reading an interview with Angus in 'Guitar World" magazine years ago, where he said they (him and Malcolm) each had SIX 100 watt marshall heads hooked up! Now just ONE of those thing cranked can near blow your head off!!

My niece and her boyfriend saw them in Sydney, came back with heaps of pics for me, and some video footage on their digital camera, though the sound isnt great you get an idea how loud they must've been.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 10:22:12 PM by Mr Pinbologist »

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2010, 10:46:26 PM »
Its pretty bloody loud! I can hear it quite clearly... just done "for those about to rock" LOL!

Offline braddo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2010, 11:23:29 PM »
I will forever have a ring in my left ear from my brothers Les Paul Gold Top CRANKING through a Marshall when i was drumming in a band with him for years. Always hypnotic and sweet. To people (trend followers) who say Marshall is dead and amps like Orange (hollow garbage), Hiwatt (acceptable but pommy), and MesaBoogie (no guts) are cooler and more 'the thing' right now i say 'bullshit'. Marshall will have a nasty but totally beutiful revenge on the try-hards and dumb shits when the hype dies down.   *Talking about stacks of course, combos are a whole different ballgame.*
WTB (or possibly trade) - 1980 Stern ALI

Offline braddo

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2010, 11:31:03 PM »
where he said they (him and Malcolm) each had SIX 100 watt marshall

Yeah Mr P that's right but what they have ONE main amp (a 50watt Marshall JMP with preamp, crank the shit out of it to pull the sound by driving the valves), and then feed into whatever many 100watt heads they need for sonicness/bigness, then feed the speaker boxes for wall of sound, then P.A it to make go far and wide (so you can hear it from your house). Oh, shit, i'm giving away the secrets @.@.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 11:34:05 PM by braddo »

Offline braddo

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2010, 11:37:11 PM »

Yeah Mr P that's right but Angus has ONE main amp, (a 50watt Marshall JMP with preamp, crank the shit out of it to pull the sound by driving the valves), and then feed into whatever many 100watt heads his needs for sonicness/bigness, then feed the speaker boxes for wall of sound, then P.A it to make go far and wide (so you can hear it from your house). Oh, shit, i'm giving away the secrets @.@. Malcom would use a 100watt as main amp i reckon so he's not as pronounced by valves, but still f**king there.

Offline braddo

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2010, 11:40:55 PM »
OK a bit pissed but the both my posts make sense, i'd believe the second on more.

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2010, 11:44:16 PM »
OK a bit pissed but the both my posts make sense, i'd believe the second on more.

That one only just made it!

Offline braddo

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2010, 12:00:19 AM »
Don't believe what promoters/managers/band members say about anything. They're there to suck you in with crap to make you think you are a part of it all, make some bucks and have a laugh. Use your ears. It's pretty simple really.

Offline Peach

• Forum Posts:
  • Redcliffe
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2010, 02:11:49 AM »
I just got home from the concert and although my ears are still ringing it was a great concert and for a bunch of old guys they`ve got more energy than me !!
Peach... %$%
Life is short...smile while you still have teeth  ;-)

Offline JD

• Forum Posts:
  • Maitland NSW
  • There's no law against having fun, just yet!
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2010, 07:55:36 AM »
I went Monday last in Sydney and they were absolutely unbelievable!

J.D.
There is no law against having fun just yet (but I am sure they are busy are drafting one!)

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2010, 08:38:08 AM »
I just got home from the concert and although my ears are still ringing it was a great concert and for a bunch of old guys they`ve got more energy than me !!
Peach... %$%

Aaaaah so it was you i could hear!!!!!!!

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2010, 02:46:23 PM »

Yeah Mr P that's right but what they have ONE main amp (a 50watt Marshall JMP with preamp, crank the shit out of it to pull the sound by driving the valves), and then feed into whatever many 100watt heads they need for sonicness/bigness, then feed the speaker boxes for wall of sound, then P.A it to make go far and wide (so you can hear it from your house).

Yepp you're dead right there. Just remembered an interview on "The Guitar Show" on the ABC where Angus said pretty much what you just described (one 50watt head to get the 'out front' sound, and the 100 watt heads for his on stage sound/volume).

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2010, 03:02:31 PM »
A few years ago, there was a quitar show on an American cable channel, and they invited about 6 of the worlds best guitarists to this special event.
They had a guy called Stevie Ray Vaughan and BB King and a guy called Joe Satriani plus a few others and Angus was there as well.
All the guys played stuff individually and then they all had a jam session for about 1 hour in length.

At the end of the show, they asked all 6 of the members, who they felt was the worlds best electric guitarist and why ?

All 5 other members voted Angus as the worlds best guitar man. Coming from those legendary names, it was a great call for sure.

We have always known he was the best, but when 5 other world class guys agree, it just puts the icing on the cake.  ^^^
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2010, 03:22:22 PM »

In 1973 KISS used to haul empty Marshall amps and speaker cabs because they could not afford the real thing. They loaded and carried their own gear as they didn't want the roadies to know they were so light ! It also impressed the chicks !

Angus would not be in the top 10 guitarists in the world - living or dead.

Hendrix, Rhodes, Slash, Buckethead, Beck, Page, Frehley, Vai, Satriani, Gilbert, Clapton, Bettencourt, Iommi, Blackmore, Sykes, Santana & Van Halen - all better than Angus - Well in my opinion.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia