Author Topic: Best Flat Pack Pinball available?  (Read 3943 times)

Offline el_timbo86

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
    • Hot Rodded Pins
Re: Best Flat Pack Pinball available?
« on: May 09, 2020, 09:43:30 AM »
You could try contacting Tim - http://hotroddedpins.com/ - he does replacement cabinets (my AFM has the very first customer prototype from many years ago) for his restorations. May be able to strike a deal.

Thanks Nick,

I slowed down the production of these for the last couple of years. I felt we needed to devise a better ordering process for them.

Ive probably said this somewhere else here, but its amazing how many factory changes were made to the cabinets over each games production. The physical size of the cabinets is the same, while nearly every other hole center location changes.   

I have every intention of offering these up to sell again, and I think the model will be something like this

- we choose to run cabinet X, Y and Z (eg Funhouse, Addams Family and Attack from Mars)
- we announce this here on the forum, on our Facebook page etc - and the order list is open on the above titles for a few weeks
- we close the list for the above titles, contact the people who put their name down and lock in the orders
- we fulfil the orders of the above titles, customers pay, cabinets are shipped out - i have a beer (because they aren’t a walk in the park to produce)
- we clean up the shop, and we go again - this time with three different titles

I would be open to other ideas here, but what I found last time was it just became overwhelming making several different titles at one time - and rarely did we make two of the same cabinet together.

I would also be interested in the virtual pinball side of things - we could certainly make a stripped down cabinet available for these type of projects. I would be interested to know what these guys require - i would guess they wouldn’t have to be as detailed in some areas.

Timbo
HRP