Author Topic: Williams drop target "Horseshoe" wiper contacts - a step closer!  (Read 12339 times)

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
I have been asked many times if I am able to get these drop target contacts made for early Williams games such as Gorgar. These contacts are not available anywhere as far as I know. The PCBs that they wipe against have been reproduced but not the actual bronze wiper itself.

We are looking for some "test" projects to run when the 45 tonne press is delivered and this might be one of them if I can source the correct material to stamp them from.

This is an original one:

....and this is a snapshop of our drawing for the replacement (there are some changes such as the bend position):

I'm unsure when we will make them but they are in the list of things to make for those needing some.
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline goodolddays

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
Nice one Mike . I'm sure you will sell plenty if you can sort out the tooling  ^^^
I need more room ! and more $$$

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
Nice one Mike . I'm sure you will sell plenty if you can sort out the tooling  ^^^

+1 - put me down for a dozen!!
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW

+1 - put me down for a dozen!!

+2 i'll be interested in getting some of these too  ^^^

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
+3 out me down for a dozen aswell

Offline Freiherr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
+4 before they disappear in a Flash.
If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,

Offline studley67

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • adelaide hills
    • facebook
great to see his come to fruition.
Life is too short to spend time with people who suck the happiness out of you

Offline Homepin

• Forum Posts:
..............and we will be able to make them in left and right hand versions (with the extra hole in the middle) to suit Williams EM score reels.

Offline Homepin

• Forum Posts:
First a very big thank you from the pinball community to Studley67 (Damien) for sending me the sample bits to work from. Without the generous assistance from guys like this many parts would be next to impossible to re-create and the pinball community as a whole would be far worse off.

Ammended drawings for both types. Waiting on some material samples and also for the die factory to come back to work - it's Chinese New Year for the next couple of weeks - must be time to go and buy a truckload of fireworks...:D

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Yippee fireworks wish we could buy them here  #@#. But I'm more excited about the wipers  ^^^

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Awesome Mike !

I do have NOS wiper brackets, without the contacts, and I've been keeping them in case of emergencies because they are impossible to find !

Keep up the good work with these parts made of unobtainium !
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Homepin

• Forum Posts:
Well this project has dragged on a bit but I'm pleased to say that I ordered the die to be made a few days ago for stamping the phoshor bronze material and the contacts arrived this morning. They are silver coated copper and were surprisingly expensive (I guess it's the silver part that makes them expensive?).

While I'm waiting for the stamping die to be made I can make up the two other simple dies we need "in-house". One for riveting the contacts to the spring metal and the second for creating the 'crease' for the bend in the part.

Minimum order for the contacts is 10K pieces but I have other uses for them as well as this project.

For what looks like a pretty simple part it actually involves quite a lot of effort to make.

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
Thank goodness that Cavey is coming over
he can attach the first 10000 contacts

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Thank goodness that Cavey is coming over
he can attach the first 10000 contacts

I started using glasses at the age of 43 (10 months ago) so getting me involved in these copper little fellas would be like asking a blind man to do solder work.lol

But I will visit Mike and the factory. A fun trip for myself and my son to go on.
Pete, I will get you the recipe for those Chineese sweet buns to bake up a batch. If u haven't tasted them before, they are bloody nice.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
Pete, I will get you the recipe for those Chineese sweet buns to bake up a batch. If u haven't tasted them before, they are bloody nice.

As I posted before, my sons partner is  a Chinese girl
the often treat me to real Chinese cooking