Author Topic: Places I visit  (Read 4300 times)

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
Places I visit
« on: March 03, 2014, 10:35:08 PM »
Where does he get those wonderful toys.    Looking good mike can't wait to see them in action

China........ $#$

Ebay China?   %.% %.%

Offline solar value

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
Places I visit
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2014, 12:20:23 AM »

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
Places I visit
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2014, 08:59:53 AM »
Get out of here..!!

In Australia he'd still be writing up the Safe Work Method Statement.

I agree.. where else could that happen?

Offline Freiherr

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
Places I visit
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2014, 10:32:40 PM »
How many years work does this guy have to do before he gets a Swiss chronometer?
If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,

Offline Cow Corner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
Places I visit
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2014, 11:04:52 PM »
Get out of here..!!

In the real world this would not happen.
China...pffft...wolf in a sheeps clothing!
Nothing they say or do can be trusted.
Prepare.....
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
Places I visit
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2014, 11:31:41 PM »
Get out of here..!!

Prepare.....

No mate.. in the "real world" this would not happen because we have lost the desire to get stuck in and get the job done.. we cant move without filling out the statutory red tape first.. it was called " job creation" when implemented. In the "real world" it has restricted us in our ability to manufacture and made most things too expensive to manufacture in Australia.. ask Ford.. Holden..Toyota etc. All are leaving, not because making cars is too expensive, but because making cars HERE is too expensive. I love people who get stuck in.. get things done with no fuss, put themselves out because they are keen to do so and in doing so secure themselves a job. That's how I was taught to work.. its how I try to work now and more and more OH&S are pulling me up asking for a Safe Work Method Statement.. not because im working "unsafe" but because its a level of implemented red tape that now restricts my manufacturing time.. if I don't actually make stuff I go broke.. simple.
Ive been to China and was amazed at just how free enterprise was.. anyone and I mean anyone can buy goods from a factory and try their luck selling them to make some more money.. to buy more goods to sell and so on and so on. Its how people get off benefits.. its how free trade starts and its how incentives are created. You cant do that here as you need a licence.. insurance.. etc etc etc.
China is " the real world" my friend.. its us who have let it slip by

Offline solar value

• Forum Posts:
Places I visit
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2014, 11:46:50 PM »

Really? All 1.3 billion?

Offline dealers choice

• Forum Posts:
  • Cessnock, N.S.W
Places I visit
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2014, 11:51:10 PM »
I agree Gav 100% im a sheety by trade doing boiily work and its hard to just do your job.. all the crap you have to go through to start a job isnt right. we used to just do it. which id like to do now,but u cant..
anyway thats my 2 cents worth
I'm not cranky, I just want MORE pins!

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
Places I visit
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2014, 11:51:19 PM »
Get out of here..!!

Prepare.....

No mate.. in the "real world" this would not happen because we have lost the desire to get stuck in and get the job done.. we cant move without filling out the statutory red tape first.. it was called " job creation" when implemented. In the "real world" it has restricted us in our ability to manufacture and made most things too expensive to manufacture in Australia.. ask Ford.. Holden..Toyota etc. All are leaving, not because making cars is too expensive, but because making cars HERE is too expensive. I love people who get stuck in.. get things done with no fuss, put themselves out because they are keen to do so and in doing so secure themselves a job. That's how I was taught to work.. its how I try to work now and more and more OH&S are pulling me up asking for a Safe Work Method Statement.. not because im working "unsafe" but because its a level of implemented red tape that now restricts my manufacturing time.. if I don't actually make stuff I go broke.. simple.
Ive been to China and was amazed at just how free enterprise was.. anyone and I mean anyone can buy goods from a factory and try their luck selling them to make some more money.. to buy more goods to sell and so on and so on. Its how people get off benefits.. its how free trade starts and its how incentives are created. You cant do that here as you need a licence.. insurance.. etc etc etc.

Risk Assessments, Safe work Method Statements, Job Safety Analysis all do have there place for a job with high risk, high value but not for how to do every job from turning on a machine and so on - it has gone way too far.

But China is heading that way as well but hopefully not as bad as us - a good friend of mine worked for 4 years in Dubai on huge money as a Safety Advisor for the tall skyscraper construction companies and just recently convinced to work for even bigger money on China's largest newest railway system controlling the high end of safety with construction / contractors etc right down to every part supplied towards the project must pass a certain level of paperwork / quality.

I am sure even Mike's pinball will have to go through a certain level of documented safety checks to electrically pass for use to sell in Australia. But at some point people have to trust that the operator knows what he is doing even if he is in pajamas - good on him for helping out at crazy hours.

Safety is a way of life but hopefully we Aussies wake up to simplify our ways before every manufacturing shop / plant realises it is too late and shut - but that is a whole other story.

What was the parts for Mike?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 11:53:16 PM by swinks »
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
Places I visit
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2014, 11:04:35 AM »
Get out of here..!!

Prepare.....

All the china lovers better hurry up, cash up and move the entire family to this utopia quick smart before Australia falls off the edge of the flat earth we live on....crickets...yeah I thought so.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline ssspl

• Forum Posts:
Places I visit
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2014, 03:25:03 PM »
No mate.. in the "real world" this would not happen because we have lost the desire to get stuck in and get the job done.. we cant move without filling out the statutory red tape first..
Amazing how much incentive there is for a whole nation to work when they don't run a social security system....

Offline ssspl

• Forum Posts:
Places I visit
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2014, 03:25:59 PM »
How many years work does this guy have to do before he gets a Swiss chronometer?
3 days. He got it made in China...

Offline Freiherr

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
Places I visit
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2014, 04:36:32 PM »
Quote from: Freiherr link=topic=10 #*#942.msg155429#msg155429 date=1394015560
3 days. He got it made in China... ^^^

Correct. They look so damn real.
If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
Places I visit
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2014, 06:07:13 PM »

Amazing how much incentive there is for a whole nation to work when they don't run a social security system....

This is completely untrue - I don't know where you got that information from but there is a very robust social security system here that includes free housing for th eelderly, food and health benefits and many more things FOR THE NEEDY!!

The usual propaganda - most likely run by our governments in the west - is simply not true.

The BIG difference is that here in China if I WANT to work harder or longer I can reap the rewards for doing so, in Australia the government takes 60% of what you earn so what incentive is there???

Please refrain from regurgitating complete crap when you certainly have no facts to back it up.
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
Places I visit
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2014, 07:27:26 PM »
I thought this was a threads about a Thunderbirds themed pinball machine