Author Topic: Gottlieb Sys 80 Replacement Audio Amp (original part is obsolete)  (Read 985 times)

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
Glad to hear all is well with the ones that have been installed. I should add that I have had professional PCBs made so the finished items (as Beaky received) are very high quality.

Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline Boots

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
Hey Mike
Have you considered making a replacement for the MPU ROM card (see picture) that allows for the card to be socketed on so that it doesn't have to be desoldered to replace the rom socket on the card?
I have heard of double sided cards somewhere that allow header pins to be soldered in the allow the board to be plugged into a socket on the board.
These cards are quite difficult to get out and after doing it the first time you are reluctant to solder it back on.

Offline Homepin

• Forum Posts:
Happy to design and make one that is socketed - how can I get hold of one as in your picture?

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
I have to change one of these sockets at the moment also.
I am waiting on a chip for my Hakko soldering station before attempting to remove though. because of how delicate the tracks look i won't attempt it with a cheaper desoldering tool.

when I have removed it i can always remove all components and scan the board for you if you can't get a hold of one Mike
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline Homepin

• Forum Posts:
I am waiting on a chip for my Hakko soldering station before attempting to remove though. because of how delicate the tracks look i won't attempt it with a cheaper desoldering tool.

when I have removed it i can always remove all components and scan the board for you if you can't get a hold of one Mike

If you are pulling it out anyway that would be good ALTHOUGH a 'clear' photograph of both sides would work equally well (no phone camera pics please)

Cheers

Offline Boots

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide

Yep know what you mean, I got mine off but I damaged quite a few tracks on the rom board in doing it.
I fixed it but if you look underneath it it looks a bit hacked.
I managed to get it socketed with parts I had available but its not the best.

I can scan it or take photos Mike if that's what you need, I am surprised this one hasn't come up before.

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
I found with scans you can get next to the exact size for your copy. But mike is right also
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 06:22:59 PM by beaky »
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline Homepin

• Forum Posts:
I found with scans you can get next to the exact size for your copy. But mike is right also

Scans are the best BUT for this kind of board the 'exact' size isn't critical and the chips are standard (naturally) so there isn't any issue there.