Author Topic: where has pinball trader gone  (Read 691 times)

Offline jason76

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
where has pinball trader gone
« on: December 21, 2009, 09:15:04 PM »
where has pinball trader gone

Offline Creech

• Forum Founder
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
Re: where has pinball trader gone
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009, 09:29:47 PM »
You need to make 20 posts before you can see it. I believe you have just reached that mark. Congrats!  #*#  #*#  #*#

Offline delarge

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wagg Wagga, NSW
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2009, 07:27:28 PM »
Yes, I discovered it was gone and thought as much....must be getting closer. I miss the trader section!

Adam.

Offline theintelligent1

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2009, 07:52:43 PM »
You need to make 20 posts before you can see it.

Ahh that explains it.....must stop lurking so much and post.....

Offline delarge

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wagg Wagga, NSW
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2009, 09:30:43 PM »
1 more post and the trader will be mine again....

Offline Redback

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2009, 10:47:23 PM »
Wonder how many I have to go,

Red

(looks like I should be there, now to go hunting)
Found hobby, now need coin

Offline yeehah

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2009, 02:45:23 AM »
yeah pretty crappy rule if you ask me.  Some of us are regular readers on this site but just havnt got the time to post or not much to say.  I would not have been able to buy Wottos Scared Stiff if this rule was in place earlier and at the end of the day the more people able to access pins for sale then easier for everyone to offload their machines to make room for the next.  Having said that I do love this site and respect the admins rules I just dont agree with this particular one.

Offline Creech

• Forum Founder
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2009, 10:30:17 AM »
G'day yeehah, sorry you feel this way. The rule was brought in to stop "fly by nighters" coming in, off loading their stuff and then doing a runner. We would like to promote trade between hobbyists that can be trusted and who are regulars on AP. We chose 20 as an arbitrary number. I still think it's a bit low. I would like to make it 50 but 20 is a compromise.

20 posts really is not many. You'll be surprised how quickly you can make 20 posts. Give it a shot.

Offline oldpins

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane North QLD
    • oldpinballs.com
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2009, 12:55:06 PM »
My 20th post right now  $#$

GT

Offline scf

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2009, 01:05:25 PM »
I agree somewhat with yeehah.

I'm a bit of a lurker - I'm on here a reasonable amount and I pick up lots of good information. But I don't post much - I just find I don't often have much to add (ok - perhaps I could try a little harder).

What I wanted to ask is if you could consider making a modification to the rules to allow members like yeehah and myself to gain access. Perhaps also allow access once you've been a member for a period of time - say 3 or 6 months. If you did that you might be able to make the post count 50 for those who haven't been members long enough. I think that would stop most "fly by nighters".

Another consideration might be to make the trader section read only for members who don't qualify? That would allow us to at least see what is up for sale, but still not allow us to sell (I guess we'd need to send a PM to make a purchase). Again it should stop people "coming in, off loading their stuff and then doing a runner". Who knows, the trading section may help attract new members, but it can't if they can't see it.

Anyway, again like yeehah, this is a great site I will respect the admins rules - I'm just hoping for a little more flexibility.

Offline andnic

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2009, 01:12:39 PM »
That explains why I cannot see it now

Offline Creech

• Forum Founder
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2009, 01:27:40 PM »
Guys, let me talk to the other mods and we'll see if we can relax the rules somewhat.

Offline bossninja17

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • sydney
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2009, 11:25:51 AM »
I'd still like to see some restriction. The good thing about this site is the trust and collegiality amongst the members. I dont like the idea of fly-by- nighters coming in, dumping  / offloading, then disappearing.
Wanted: GTB Aquarius backglass. Any playfield bits and backglasses from any EMs - nothing is junk to me.

Offline SPURR

• Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2009, 11:48:45 AM »
If flyby nighters come in with cheap pinballs to sell LET'EM

Offline Rod71

• Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra NSW
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2009, 12:09:36 PM »
I'd still like to see some restriction. The good thing about this site is the trust and collegiality amongst the members. I dont like the idea of fly-by- nighters coming in, dumping  / offloading, then disappearing.

Agreed.

Also, the possibility of no or low post count people scoring absolute bargains that were intended for regular posters.

It's cool if you have been a member for a while and have posted once or twice.  However, lurking isn't really contributing is it.

Keep the 20 post rule IMO