Author Topic: Fitting 2 wires to a Molex crimp pin / contact  (Read 2104 times)

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
Re: Fitting 2 wires to a Molex crimp pin / contact
« on: July 07, 2012, 02:30:39 PM »
Thanks for the write up beaky, much appreciated for an electronics novice like myself.

I have a question on a similar "line" if that is ok to ask it here.

Say I had a couple of mods that run off 12V dc and I wanted to use them both concurrently on the 12v dc line on the spare connector on the coin door interface board.

Would it be possible to adapt the approach you have outlined in this thread safely and simply twist the two mod wires together and run them off the same molex contact?

Or since they are 2 separate mods would they need to be spliced separately with a z connector or similar and still both use the same 12v dc power supply?

Or thirdly would they need to be separated altogether - that is would I need to find another 12v DC source on the machine for the second mod (i.e. in the backbox)?

My main concern is overloading too many mods to the one 12v dc power supply and possibly causing damage, so wanted to get some feedback before attempting a hookup.

Thanks for any suggestions.

If it does not drain to much current then it should be fine
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)