Author Topic: Hello I would like to introduce myself - Jungle Princess  (Read 855 times)

Offline DC

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Hello I would like to introduce myself - Jungle Princess
« on: May 01, 2011, 04:18:44 PM »
I am in mid north South Australia near Mallalla. I found this site yesterday. I have already done a post in restoration and received many responses. I would like to thank those who have already tried to assist. I have been a keen pinball enthusiast ever since I visited the Glenelg Side Show Alley when I was a boy in the early 1970s. I remember well and am particularly fond of old EM machines and would like to purchase more, I remember titles like Volley, Mustang, Buccaneer, Fandango etc.

I will start by mentioning what I know and what I have done with my Jungle Princess. I have used the american sites information (cant remember the name right now) and have followed all his information. I have cleaned every contact with a file and needle nose pliers, I have ensured that they are all contacting to the point where I used contactivity on my multimetre but realise the harder you squeese the more responsive the conectivity. When I set out to clean the contacts I pulled the base board with all relays out so I could do it on my coffee table to ensure greater access and take my time to be thorough. I also took the head off and did the same thing. I have paid particular attention to the ax, bx relays. I am confident that all the switches are good and finely adjusted but will at the end of the day probably find out this is the problem. It might be worth mentioning as soon as I power up the machine the first two relays in the centre of the board pull in. I have never cleaned the contacts with metho so I think you can all guess what I am doing this afternoon.

I have extensively spent time on the score wheels because I was advised these were important and checked for conectivity. One wire was off and I have resoldered this back on. When I press the start switch, targets pop up, score motor runs, scores reset to zero if I have moved them manually. Centre roll over behind targets will activate score running and so will both extra ball when lit roll overs but A, B and C at the top will not do anything. If I flick the ball out by hand it will activate target banks and reset bank. If I drop the ball into top special hole (sorry I am not familiar with all the terms yet), the ball will eject on both sides.

I have no ball in play number, I have no players one or two lit up, no flippers or pop up bumpers will work at any time. When I manually put credits on the machine, I can use the switch on the door to activate the game or part thereof otherwise I can use the other switch installed under the cabinet and bypass the credits system.

I have a cut black wire near the door near the coin mechanism, I have no free game solenoid therefore have two wires left hanging. I have no indicator strips which assist with indicating which relay is which but I did copy some and written it inside the cabinet, I hope I have it correctly. I am extremely aware of blades popping out of the plastic holders so at this time that is not an issue. In the game set up it will never back off bonus, I have never seen this bonus score mechanism move under its own steam. Under the play field I notice the 3 to 5 ball adjustment. Also on the base near the fuses there is three facilities to make adjustments, I am not sure these are in the correct positions, the same applies in the back near the credit wheel. There is also options for game adjustment, extra ball or credit and another one for match feature.

I am a little rusty because I was working hard on this machine a few months ago, hit a brick wall and have got no more pleasure from this game except looking at it but I think with your help and this site, I should be able to get it going soon and not just have it as a stationary lounge orniment.

Because I am new, I am not aware of all the features of this site so if you can give me a few pointers on where to go or what to do that would be great.

If you want to contact me, I will give my phone or skype details.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 08:45:16 PM by DC »

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
Re: Hello I would like to introduce myself
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2011, 04:23:24 PM »
Good luck with your machine - it looks like you have a pretty good handle on it already.

Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2011, 05:15:05 PM »
Welcome, you'll find some really knowledgeable EM guys here, I'm sure the help will be freely given as always. Please share the outcome with the group when solved, you never know who'll benefit from your efforts.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline studley67

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • adelaide hills
    • facebook
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2011, 06:39:37 PM »
e-mail sent  ^&^
Life is too short to spend time with people who suck the happiness out of you

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2011, 08:15:26 PM »
Welcome to AP sound like you have done all the right things so far with Jungle princes will only be something small now  ^^^

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
Welcome aboard, and you have some of the best EM minds in Australia on here, so I am sure they will be able to help you get this sorted.

When you get the time, check out the Pro Football thread http://aussiepinball.com/index.php?topic=477.0 if you want to understand how far these people will go to help out a forum member.

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
 %)% I just finished restoring a Gottlieb Volley for my fathers 60th http://aussiepinball.com/index.php?topic=6311.0
EMs took a little while for me to get my head around but if you have the schematic, everything is in front of you nothing hidden in ICs etc.  I was still very glad that nearly everything was working for me as a lot of the colours on wires fade over the years making the fault finding just that little more difficult.  Good luck, there are heaps of guys here with extensive EM skills who should be able to help you out, as they did for me.

Offline Replicas

• Forum Posts:
  • North West England
 $.$ and  %)% to Aussie Pinball, Good luck in getting that EM back to its best. Not my field but there are plenty of knowledgeable people on here that will help you get it sorted.
D.