Author Topic: F14 Tomcat resto  (Read 4845 times)

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
Re: F14 Tomcat resto
« on: July 27, 2016, 09:28:44 AM »
Thanks for the kind words guys  ^^^ ^^^

Thats a massive amount of work. I absolutely detest laminating timber. You think you have it all done and 2 days later - raised timber. However, you have done really well - craftsman standards - without a doubt. I'll be following this restoration with interest as I have three to do in the next few years, and I enjoy playing this title alot !

Well done so far - and if you need anything game specific - just drop me a PM. RTBB has the plastic set and we are looking at other items. The Clear and Blue domes should be here soon.

Thanks Nino, there are a few items i will need to complete the resto, will send a PM  ^^^
I already have the plastics set ready that i bought from you a year ago, (the client was pretty adamant that he wanted new ones).

And yes you are spot on about the delaminating timber, had that happen a few times  ^&^ ^&^
And also splits appearing in the ply after a week was another setback i had. That happened on the back of the cab AFTER i had done the matt black  and i had to redo the back ^.^

But with the good ol' dependable acrylic paints i had it cut out, filled, primed and painted in a day!!

In the end i let this cab sit for a month before i applied the decals to make sure it had all settled properly.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 09:31:19 AM by Mr Pinbologist »