Author Topic: Stern "The Walking Dead" LE Review  (Read 59086 times)

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Stern "The Walking Dead" LE Review
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2016, 09:59:59 AM »
Oh I don't mind the show... we normally wait for the series to come out on DVD and watch them over a few weekends.
Yes - the playfield lighting really misses the mark on this game. Why Stern would consider all cold white inserts on a game that is based around blood and rotting flesh is beyond me. It would have looked far more visually appealing if it had deep red upper PF going through to a deep green at the apron. When they make a game that is based around entering the pearly gates of heaven, stark white lighting would be the way to go... not zombies.

The game retails in Australia at $8100.. im assuming that this is not including delivery, so lets call it $8500 delivered.  Its a chunk of cash.

Unfortunately, its not a chunk of pinball. Its so scaled back to basics that you have to use quite a bit of imagination to elevate this to anywhere near exciting. In all honesty, its a bit of a lemon...... my 15 yr old son who played it with me thought it was dull and boring.

Had it retailed for $3995 you could tell yourself that's the price you pay for a basic machine and you get what you pay for.
At over $8K you are either telling yourself its something that its not... have more money than sense or are happy with anything so long as it has flippers and a ball.

Its a great theme that fails to deliver.