Author Topic: TOM Magnets  (Read 143 times)

Offline spacejam0

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
TOM Magnets
« on: July 28, 2013, 05:14:41 PM »
After much trial and error adjusting I finally got the both LED's working properly on my TOM outlane Eddy sensor boards by changing one of the POT's for the second time after potentially cooking the fist one I changed when soldering (thanks for the tip there Beaky).
Anyway the boards seem to be working 100% now (at long last) but now another problem that I was unaware of until I got the board fixed has presented itself.
Only the right outlane magnet is turning on the left one does nothing. Any ideas greatly appreciated as this is the last thing that needs correcting before she will be working 100%  for the first time since I had her.
Thanks
Tim

Offline robm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Townsville
Re: TOM Magnets
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2013, 09:33:21 PM »
Check the resistance of the magnet - unplug the connector under the playfield near the magnet, and put your multimeter on ohms - from memory it should be around 4 ohms resistance - someone may correct me here. In any case, cehck the working one, and see if the non working one is similar.  After this, i would be checking the transistor that drives the magnet.  I had one that was out on my TOM, replaced the magnet as it was blown, then all good