Author Topic: AFM 3 bank target problem  (Read 143 times)

Offline Chad

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
AFM 3 bank target problem
« on: March 29, 2014, 12:20:21 PM »
My AFM has an issue where the 3 bank target sits just below the playfield when it's in the down position, this causes the ball to occasionally get stuck on top of the 3 bank target.
I have pulled it apart but can't see what wrong with it, there appears to be no broken parts or parts missing. Is there a way to adjust the height.

Thanks
Dean

Offline TSPP

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Re: AFM 3 bank target problem
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2014, 06:02:29 PM »
From memory there should be a couple of screws that it hits determining the height....I had the same problem when I owned one and just adjusted them until it sat ok. Was a bit a fiddling around from memory.
.....something witty here

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2014, 06:27:15 PM »
From memory there should be a couple of screws that it hits determining the height....I had the same problem when I owned one and just adjusted them until it sat ok. Was a bit a fiddling around from memory.

Correct.

I just checked on the mint AFM I have here.  There are two (2) screws which adjust the height of the bank (when motor is all the way down).
Generally they should not need much more than a tweak to get it right, unless the other part of the plastic mech has self destructed (which is common).

Offline Chad

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2014, 07:41:57 PM »
Spot on MartyJ & TSPP, I adjusted the screws & now the target sits flash with the playfield.

Thanks for the help