Author Topic: Gday, AskJacob here  (Read 4936 times)

Offline AskJacob

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Normanhurst (Sydney)
Re: Gday, AskJacob here
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2009, 11:34:53 AM »
$.$ and  %)% to AP, Jacob.

You will find a wealth of experience and assistance on this forum, so make sure you ask plenty of questions !

Regarding the MPU for your Dracula - You could try Skybeau (Ken) or start a "wanted thread". The other option is to buy an Altek Board, which PSP sells.

^^^

Thanks Nino,

I know that mpu-100's (or 200's) are pretty easy to come by, maybe I should be a little more clear on where I am right now - I have a 100 but it is badly corrosion damaged. Now I was able to repair the corrosion damaged 100 in my Drac, but this other 100 board I have is probably too far gone. Someone else has already had a go at it, probably 10+ years ago, and they both overheated and removed tracks as well as did not clean the pcb so it continued to deteriorate.

I am a persistent bugger though, so with the joy of having a working board to compare with will keep plugging away until the inevitable time in a few months that I just buy another one :)

The altek boards look quite good, but I am happier with the older boards as I have the parts and tools to still repair them. It is good to know though that there is always another option if needed  *)*

Cheers
Jacob